What's new

Back in the dirt

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
287
Golden Thread
0
Location
Austin T.X.
I havent been able to much of late,but ole'Blackfoot and I got into'em this trip.

P1070971.jpg


P1070972.jpg

P1070973.jpg


P1070974.jpg

P1070975.jpg


P1070976.jpg

P1070977.jpg


P1070979.jpg


P1070980.jpg

P1070981.jpg


Find of the day....A sweet axe!
P1070982.jpg

P1070983.jpg

P1070984.jpg

Man what torque on this guy.
P1070985.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Nice going! Super day.. congrats. Great axe example!
 
Neo nice finds glad to see you back hunting. That axe is pretty wild isn't it? Got a good bit on it.
 
good lookin post neo
 
That ax is kinda like a tomahawk style isnt it?
 
very nice,i have a friend who found one like that,well with the round spot on the back.i mean his was round on the back,found it at my feet he did;then i kept it in my truck for months because we thought it was just a spall.ill get a picture of it and post it here,maybe if ya dont mind.
 
Not at all..Put it up...I hane another that I found in dang near the same spot.I just don't think it was finished.
 
I will call this an axe as well.I found it nearly in the same spot as the first one.I dug it on friday the 13th.Sure is something to be said about site collections huh?
P1010498.jpg

P1010499.jpg

P1010502.jpg

P1010500.jpg

P1010501.jpg
 
Hand axe I would say. I like that big scraper/ tool you found kinda looks like a point reworked to a scraper.
 
It is good looking material Neo. What can you say about the site from where these came?
 
Last edited:
nice to see you are getting out again frank
 
hithere,
here is the flint axe i was tellin you about.i think its made out of dover,and found on a construction site on the banks of the cumberland river.
the smaller one is from a friend of mines friend.really thin maybe a hoe.she wanted to know what its worth,told her id pay 75.00 dollars for it.too much or not enough would you guys say.
thanks nego.013.webp027.webp003.webp002.webp
 
Well on the price it depends how much you cherish it and if you will keep it for your own collection. That would be on the high end and probably not a resale price. JMO
 
The first one looks like it could be a gouge,the other could be an ax but its hard to tell from the pix.Pix of the distal end(working edge) could help with a proper I.D.

Price hmmmm that could be tough....For me..I am a tool guy so A fella like me would pay more then most folks.But for the price you quoted I would want both pieces.But that just me.If you are comfortable with it and feel its a good deal....Then it is.I hope my ramble helped.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom