BuckleBoy
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Jun 12, 2006
- Messages
- 18,159
- Reaction score
- 9,723
- Golden Thread
- 4
- Location
- Moonlight and Magnolias
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 4
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
I'm trying get a rough date for two items I recently found. The first is a flat button with the maker's mark
BA_ _ E R DAVIS BOROUGH
I don't know if there are any letters between the first word and "Davis" or not, but the button certainly reads "Borough" at the bottom.
Here are two photos--taken at slightly different angles:


The second item is a pewter spoon handle. I can only read a few letters of the maker's stamp. ____ T _ N I(?)
Here's a photo of this item:

Any help is much appreciated.
Best Wishes,
Buckles
I'm trying get a rough date for two items I recently found. The first is a flat button with the maker's mark
BA_ _ E R DAVIS BOROUGH
I don't know if there are any letters between the first word and "Davis" or not, but the button certainly reads "Borough" at the bottom.
Here are two photos--taken at slightly different angles:


The second item is a pewter spoon handle. I can only read a few letters of the maker's stamp. ____ T _ N I(?)
Here's a photo of this item:

Any help is much appreciated.
Best Wishes,
Buckles

Seriously though, I have dug well over a thousand flat buttons and never seen that back mark. If I owned that button, I would take a SOS pad and lightly clean the back or add some olive oil to it. I'm sure you have your methods, I'm saying this because there is still build up on the back. Nice finds!
Thanks!
Just wondered if someone might have a copy of Tice laying about--but I don't know if that resource would even list the button, since I think it may be of British manufacture.







