What's new

Baltimore M.D 1853

Twinlife92

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 22, 2018
Messages
5
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Delaware
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been working on a job site in seaford Delaware for the past 6 months, right along the Nanticoke River. We find bottles and old horse shoes from time to time. About month ago I came across a piece of metal about 12 feet in the ground. It says Baltimore M.D. 1853. I’m wondering what it is and how it ended up in seaford Delaware. BAE73F26-BF9A-43D9-8EF2-DA4937467D2F.webpBAE73F26-BF9A-43D9-8EF2-DA4937467D2F.webpBAE73F26-BF9A-43D9-8EF2-DA4937467D2F.webp
 
Welcome to Tnet.
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls.
 
Upvote 0
It looks like part of a sconce or perhaps a fitted piece. Is it broken or cast as a single piece?
Non the less a great find!
 
Upvote 0
tn_md.gif
1st - Welcome Aboard Twinlife92! Take a look at Forum:Delaware for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.
 
Upvote 0
Cool piece
What do the "feet" look like??

and Welcome to TreasureNet.
 
Upvote 0
The feet? They are flat and there is a hole in each one. I’m assuming for a nail?
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:
 
Upvote 0
12 feet deep?!
 
Upvote 0
And why Baltimore? Baltimore had a huge iron works in the 19th century. The city produced iron for national and international use.
 
Upvote 0
I’m not sure how or why it was there. That’s something that I would like to know.
 
Upvote 0
Yes I was. I was putting storm drain pipe in along side of the road and came across it.
 
Upvote 0
It was a solid cast. It is broke In 2 pieces.

For all the mechanical engineers out there, I guess it is not too surprising that the piece broke right at the location where the hole is drilled into it. (?)
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to tnet from Mi Tommy
 
Upvote 0
Happy hunting also hope to see some cool posts soon and great finds
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom