fistfulladirt
Gold Member
- Joined
- Feb 21, 2008
- Messages
- 12,256
- Reaction score
- 4,968
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Great Lakes State
- Detector(s) used
- dirtfishing
- Primary Interest:
- Other
Barber half found in $400 rolls marked "CRH"
Hi y'all I'm new to this forum and thought I'd post my surprising find from yesterday. I used to search rolls back about 1980, then started back up recently.
Went to about 7 banks and obtained about $700 in rolls and loose (halves). The first $400 rolls I noticed were marked "crh"---bummer---till I quick scanned the side of a roll and noticed a worn silver colored band...out pops a very worn 188? Barber half...I couldn't believe my eyes...(sorry I don't have any pics). That's all that I found in that $400, well, they were marked "crh". In the rest of the coin i found 11 40%, and 1 proof 2005.
Started in mid January searching halves and have gone thru approx $2k in loose and rolls, my total is...
66x40%
3x90% (64)
1 Barber
1 proof (2005)
My wife works at a CU and couldn't care less about collecting...usually one or two of the tellers will hold any special coins they see for me...one girl told me that recently an elderly customer came in and cashed out 20+silver morgans...she now has them in safe keeping...
Hi y'all I'm new to this forum and thought I'd post my surprising find from yesterday. I used to search rolls back about 1980, then started back up recently.
Went to about 7 banks and obtained about $700 in rolls and loose (halves). The first $400 rolls I noticed were marked "crh"---bummer---till I quick scanned the side of a roll and noticed a worn silver colored band...out pops a very worn 188? Barber half...I couldn't believe my eyes...(sorry I don't have any pics). That's all that I found in that $400, well, they were marked "crh". In the rest of the coin i found 11 40%, and 1 proof 2005.
Started in mid January searching halves and have gone thru approx $2k in loose and rolls, my total is...
66x40%
3x90% (64)
1 Barber
1 proof (2005)
My wife works at a CU and couldn't care less about collecting...usually one or two of the tellers will hold any special coins they see for me...one girl told me that recently an elderly customer came in and cashed out 20+silver morgans...she now has them in safe keeping...
Upvote
0







