Basic shaker table build

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had a thought, to clear the air on the above subject, I should post a .pdf that helped shape my journey on shaker tables. People seem to think that tables need to be some, super-duper, complex, scientific device. They don't! So if you always wanted to know how to build a simple, portable table that can be used about anywhere, this is for you.

Attachments

• Shaking_table_for_gold_recovery_WC-97-61.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 70
Upvote 5

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Since I still have a few items to make for Caley's setup, I thought I'd try her drive system on my old table, and convert the table from the slide mounts I used originally, to a flex plate system. What I learned, for these smallish tables in the 24-30" range, is using 20 gauge steel is to stiff. The drive would move it OK, but the liveliness of the table was diminished, and the material moved poorly. I had also changed the motion direction to in-line, which meant at a 10 degree angle to the riffles. That is an additional hurdle the drive has to overcome, as the material is being moved up the slope of the table, as well as lengthwise. I think the angled riffles are a good deal for fine gold, ( the material stays on the surface, being exposed to the wash water for a longer period) but at the expense of a probably slower feedrate, but the table needs to move with some liveliness. I'm just posting all this for the benefit of people who are interested in making their own table. I'm going to make a new set of flex supports out of 24 gauge and try it again. I like the flex supports....the table is super quiet while running. (Chris say she doesn't understand why I care, I can't hear anything anyway). I also still intend to make the ABS decks available, but have too many "irons in the fire" right now, and won't get to that for at least a couple of weeks.
Jim
The most important zone for good strong 'Fluid bed action' is where the heavies are with less 'Fluid bed action' up near the top is acceptable.

As you know by now I really like the idea of using the hydraulic action spread out of the fines by having a much longer stroke action such as the 'Super pan' with no riffles at all. The down side is there is more manual removal of the ragging and tailing materials.

To me the speed offsets the down side if one comes up with a good system / procedure for the removal of the unwanted materials if it gives the best returns on the time spent. Experience and a good procedure has to be used here to make the decisions.

The second very big factor of the 'Super pan' is there is almost no feed issue other then the batch size you decide to use to start with as well as how much classifying you use to start with for that given batch.

Azure

Oct 5, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've started working on building the gold bump sluice shaker table from the youtube channel Orophilia. Has anyone else seen this shaker build?

I like the portability and the ability to run more material, hope to have this built by the spring and start shoveling sands with fines into it.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've started working on building the gold bump sluice shaker table from the youtube channel Orophilia. Has anyone else seen this shaker build?

I like the portability and the ability to run more material, hope to have this built by the spring and start shoveling sands with fines into it.
Others here have referred to this build. The key is in the control box for proper bump action. I have no experience with this so keep every one updated with your progress. Thanks.

Building the Gold Bump-Sluice Shaker Table

Azure

Oct 5, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Others here have referred to this build. The key is in the control box for proper bump action. I have no experience with this so keep every one updated with your progress. Thanks.

Building the Gold Bump-Sluice Shaker Table

I've never had any experience/interest in electronics, only have been interested in software for the last 30 years. This project forced me to learn and it turns out not to be too difficult. And now I have a few more ideas for projects using microcontrollers. Will post an update when I get the linear motor working.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've never had any experience/interest in electronics, only have been interested in software for the last 30 years. This project forced me to learn and it turns out not to be too difficult. And now I have a few more ideas for projects using microcontrollers. Will post an update when I get the linear motor working.
Great most people here may not build or know much about any kind of controller.
Your input would be greatly appreciated by a number of people on this forum.
Thank you for what you are willing to build / play with / show any how to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions