New batteries = hotter........ when in reality you can't run the T2 at max anyway, so I doubt new batteries would have any effect on performance.
![]()
This is still a common misconception, but hasn't been true since probably the early 70's. Detectors (and almost all electronics) have voltage limiting circuits. The batteries may start with 12 volts, but the detector is using only 8.3. So it continues using 8.3 volts until the batteries drop below that, then the detector shuts off because there isn't enough voltage to operate. Your detector battery meter is basically showing you the scale of usable life, not the actual battery power.

My information is to avoid batteries that are labeled Heavy Duty or Extra HD. as they are lead/acid and when they leak will destroy most of what they contact. Many won't say on the label that they are lead/acid only Heavy Duty.
I have seen some with names most trust leak so I made the rounds removing them from all kinds of stuff form the thermostat to the exerciser bike.
