What's new

discovery model TF 900 battery voltage?

CASE310350

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 2, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I have this detector, but the battery holder is missing. does it take 3 AA or 6 AA batteries
 
It uses 6 AA batteries for total of 9 volts. Dont know if you have used it before, but it has poor reviews, constantly falsing..
 
It uses 6 AA batteries for total of 9 volts. Dont know if you have used it before, but it has poor reviews, constantly falsing..

Wow....that doesn't match my experience. I've got both the 900 and the 1200. Most people simply don't know how to set them up, or use them.
Jim
 
Wow....that doesn't match my experience. I've got both the 900 and the 1200. Most people simply don't know how to set them up, or use them.
Jim
Jim, I never owned one personally, my opinion is only based on my experience working in Kellyco repair center.
 
Yup...you don't see many of therm around. I've owned a TM-808 with cave mode, and IMHO, the Discovery units are better. Much more sensitive, which may be due to the 12khz freq., whereas the 808 is 6.59khz. The TF1200 I have is REALLY rare....probably produced just before Discovery Electronics folded. The guy that invented, and patented the original was Jim Kozlowski, but I'm not sure of the spelling on his last name. From what Ive seen, the only difference on the 1200 from the 900 was battery voltage...the 1200 will run on either 9v or 12v....maybe the 900 is the same....I haven't checked.
Jim
 
Jim Karbowski
 
Thanks, Carl....I was close, but couldn't quite come up with it.
Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom