Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
MEDIA ADVISORY Contact: Dan Arellano

May 27, 2009 512-826-7569

The “ Battle of Medina ,” Archeological Research

On Saturday June 6th volunteers will depart at 7:30 AM from the McDonalds-Shell station on the corner of loop 410 and Hi 281 south. Please note the change!! From there we will be led to a private ranch where we have permission to search. These locations are in Losoya and we may have access to the Medina River where the retreating survivors had to cross in order to escape the executions.

It is rough terrain so dress appropriately. Please bring your own lunch and water along with shovels and metal detectors. This is not a finder’s keeper’s event; all artifacts will be cataloged and photographed.

Over a thousand Tejanos sacrificed their lives fighting for freedom and to this day have not received a proper Christian burial. Your help in finding them is truly appreciated.

For more information: Dan Arellano

darellano@austin.

Re: Battle of Medina Hunt agien

Hey TC, I would be interested in running over for the day to lend out a hand. The Medina river side may be an interesting place to look around. Do I need to send Dan an email or anything this time?

Anyone want to get together from Houston to head over?
Jason

I dont belive Its neccasry to tell Dan but you can, Im thinking Im going at this point. I belive hes closer, but it was running battle. The main Battle sight must of been pretty big as well.

Just like anything Im just going for a adventure, and the hope of seeing something historicaly significant found.

Yea TC, Sounds like an interesting day and I would love for someone to locate something along one of these trips.

I am ready to roll ;D, A bit over geared but I need to pick up a new small shovel. Mine snapped last week.

Attachments

• DSC_0119.JPG
    DSC_0119.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 1,006

With That gear youd be underdressed witout a backhoe bud

TEXAN Connection said:
With That gear youd be underdressed witout a backhoe bud

I am a gear guy, I use about a half of what is there. ;D

There isn't a decent hotel on that end of town. In fact there is nothing on the S end of town. If you stay around the down town area you can drive to the meeting spot in 30 mins and enjoy the riverwalk while you are here.

If you decide to stay on the South end of town make sure you bring a Barrett .50 with you.

I would love to participate in a hunt like this. To me I'd rather do hunts like this 90% of the time simply because I love the history aspect of this hobby. The other 10% would have to be spent in the tot-lots to get $$$ for batteries... :wink:

Good luck to all who go, and careful of some of the locals down there as TXBLUZMAN said, after dark they get brave...

Grip

I belive if you get out of town a ways going south you can find a good hotel I cant remeber where we stayed last time but it wasent bad, and it was pretty close to the meeting spot

San Antonio just took first place among the list of most crime infested cities in the entire USA. Trust me....stay near down town or further South of town.

Dang Albert, I wish I could join up with you guys for this! Sounds like an absolutely great chance to recover & preserve history....
Take lots of photos!

Bran <><

Don't know the San Antonio area very well, is this Mcdonald's-Shell area in the North side or South side of the city? I would be coming in from the Houston area on IH 10. Thanks,

Would love to participate in this hunt...Seeing as how we just had a baby, AND I have already registered and paid for the upcoming Blue And Gray Hunt.... I may have to beg for permission! Will this just be a one day event, or more?
Baggins

Baggins said:
Would love to participate in this hunt...Seeing as how we just had a baby, AND I have already registered and paid for the upcoming Blue And Gray Hunt.... I may have to beg for permission! Will this just be a one day event, or more?
Baggins

just one day

Congrats on the new little one Baggins!

Thanks for the input fellas, I may just cruise in and cruise out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back