What's new

Bayonet?

skeeterd

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
520
Reaction score
140
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this a few days ago. It's shaped a lot like a bayonet, but I really don't think so. Wrong type of attachment. Any ideas what it might be? It's about a foot long and is tapered towards the end, but the the tip is broke off. It's missing several inches. TIA
IMG_20210929_185224.webp
IMG_20210929_185218.webp
IMG_20210929_185303.webp
IMG_20210929_185155.webp
 
You might try this site. Hopefully they will be able to tell you Yea or nay!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fat
Upvote 0
It's way too big for a bayonet, I wonder if it's not a lightning rod? No idea though, hopefully someone recognizes it
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fat
Upvote 0
I concur, while it does have the partial appearance of a Cruiform Bayonet, the attachment point wouldn't make sense. There is no way I can tell, that it could attach to a rifle. Every Cruiform Bayonet I own or seen has a tube/rolled end to slip over the barrel.

Lightening rod or something along those lines makes more sense to me.
 
Upvote 0
looks little bit like a vintage fridge door handle.
 
Upvote 0
looks little bit like a vintage fridge door handle.
I don't think it's a handle for a fridge because it's iron. But it could be a handle for something else. I just can't figure out what!
 
Upvote 0
Could it be a farm implement like a tine from a rake?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom