What's new

Be prepared! Have a Plan!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
14,653
Reaction score
9,097
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went detecting today and about 10 minutes later the first squadron of mosquitos found me.
Went back to the truck and applied the bug spray. Went back to my hunting.
About 10 minutes later it started raining.
Went back to the truck and put on my rain poncho. Went back to my hunting.
About 10 minutes later I saw lightening.
Went back to my truck and went home.

Note to self:
Forget the prep.
Forget the plan.
Check the weather report first! Du.... :tongue3:
 
The best laid plans of mice and men sometimes go awry ;D
 
I woke at 5am this morning to go hunt in the sea.It was raining,so i went back to bed grumbling about it being too wet to hunt!!
Ironic? or just plain dumb? lol.
 
Dano Sverige said:
I woke at 5am this morning to go hunt in the sea.It was raining,so i went back to bed grumbling about it being too wet to hunt!!
Ironic? or just plain dumb? lol.


Sounds like an excuse to go back to bed :laughing7:
 
Well if your weather reports are anything like the ones I get in NJ, it's still a crap shoot at best. Last weekend called for rain and we're still waiting for it.

Dano Sverige, I have to tell you this, it's a well known fact that rain is much wetter than the ocean, so you made the right choice ;D
 
We do this for fun and when we aren't having fun we think of something else to do. It would be boring for me if everything was peachy all the time.
 
Last summer I hunted along a jogging path I had hunted a dozen times before with no problem. This time , giant mosquitos tried to eat me alive, and I had no repellent available. I had bites from head to toe as I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Now I carry two or 3 spray cans of repellent and hose down whether I need it or not! Monty
 
Sandman said:
We do this for fun and when we aren't having fun we think of something else to do. It would be boring for me if everything was peachy all the time.

Great point! Looking back, I've had a ton of fun while pusuing this hobby. Even when things have gone badly there always seems to be something to laugh about, make light of. Fun is indeed the most important element. That and the adventure of it all is what keeps coming back.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom