Be SMART Be SIMPLE Be CHEAP

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am always amazed at all the equipment I see people bring with them to prospect a new location. All to common people these days people are dictated by their tools then actual gold. people forget that Sluices, hand dredges, ect ect ect are just tools to recover gold.. The sluice is the ruin of many of new prospector most often they dictate their work areas to places they can sluice. People seem to underestimate the gold pan. People seem to forget what prospecting is. In todays age one can be overwhelmed with all the available resources.. One can purchase gold maps that show all the Ancient Rivers and maps that show the fault lines and the types of bedrock, ECT ECT. Plenty of people selling maps and crap telling you where the richest areas are. The Ability to find gold is dependent on the prospector. I can not stress enough on how important actual prospecting is. Let the Gold dictate the equipment.. I can't stress that enough. It is easy to get caught up in all the BULLSHITE and all the "RECREATIONAL GOLD PROPAGANDA" More interested in picking the pocket of the HOPEFULL PROSPECTOR. So much advice from weekend warriors and people who make gold recovery equipment. Plenty of gold out their for the prospector if he is willing to actually prospect.

that location was averaging about a half gram a bucket.. Look and you will find!!!
Proper use of a sluice box..

Upvote 0
Lots of good stuff here.. But I intend this for the actual prospector. The ones who wish to actually find some gold.. My tool kit is a gold pan small sledge and chisels and spoons.. less then 50 bucks.. I rarely sluice anymore unless on a hot spot.. I have no secrets only that I could give a crap about gold recovery equipment. The secret to finding gold is prospecting.. Anyway take what info you want and throw the rest away.. Hope you guys are having a good year I know I am.. No lack of excitement here...

Very nice take, I like your style dude.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back