Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
No doubt your correct on most.. Me being 71 I think the biggest factor you did not mention would be the weight of the CTX, Excalibur & CZ21. The new tech machines are 1/3 the weight of the old water machines. Perfect for those who struggle after a few hours walking the beach with the older heavy machines.

Right now I'm on another mission but someday I may venture into the new tech if I come out of the water. The few times I have been out I'm seeing no old tech machines. D2's are rare since most here only find a few pieces of gold a year and the Nox still being the local favorite as, Legends and Simplexs seem to be on the rise locally.

Me, still using the dinosaur if I do go out. :skullflag:

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
No doubt your correct on most.. Me being 71 I think the biggest factor you did not mention would be the weight of the CTX, Excalibur & CZ21. The new tech machines are 1/3 the weight of the old water machines. Perfect for those who struggle after a few hours walking the beach with the older heavy machines.
So right. In my 40s and swinging that CZ/Excal were sooo heavy. I welcomed the CTX at the time until I got a 17" coil. The nox 600 was like night and day. I just updated to the 700 and am excited to try it out (it arrived today so I will hit the beach tomorrow). The weight is a drastic difference though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread