What's new

Beach Ring With a Little Ice!!

Trent67

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2014
Messages
337
Reaction score
179
Golden Thread
0
Location
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-2099905494.webp
Beautiful Morning...

image-1733230881.webp



image-1871778468.webp

Nice and heavy. 12 PLAT w/ some diamonds!!
 
Upvote 0
Trent67, nice find!! Wanted to get out today, but had to go to the office. Another great detecting day in sunny FLA and I am stuck in my office!
 
Trent67, that's a nice chunk! Congrats!
 
Nice find congrats I am still looking for my first plat ring
 
Thanks a lot guys. Hey, I have a question. This thing is stamped "12 PLAT" and is real heavy. It has 4 diamonds set in it. At least i think they are diamonds. What would the 12 mean on the stamp. I have done some research and nothing comes up with a 12 for platinum.
 
Could it mean size 12? It's possible. Lucky find with plat.:skullflag:
 
Trent....look at that "12" very closely, first make sure it isn't "1.2" or ".12" or even "12." In high grade diamond rings it isn't uncommon for the total cwt of the diamond/diamonds to be inscribed or stamped inside the ring right along with the metal type & purity. Each manufacture sometimes having his own design for doing this. I've never seen just a plain "12" or any other single number standing alone for this cwt but that's not to say it isn't entirely possible that a manufacturer isn't utilizing such a means. The "PLAT" should stand for platinum but in recent years there have been a lot of platinum plated rings coming out of China, these base metals usually being silver. Odds are, if the diamonds test real then you have a real prize, and if not then it is most likely a faker. If you don't own a tester a jeweler can test the ring & stone for you rather quickly and usually at no charge. Hope this helps.
 
Last edited:
Trent....look at that "12" very closely, first make sure it isn't "1.2" or ".12" or even "12." In high grade diamond rings it isn't uncommon for the total cwt of the diamond/diamonds to be inscribed or stamped inside the ring right along with the metal type & purity. Each manufacture sometimes having his own design for doing this. I've never seen just a plain "12" or any other single number standing alone for this cwt but that's not to say it isn't entirely possible that a manufacturer isn't utilizing such a means. The "PLAT" should stand for platinum but in recent years there have been a lot of platinum plated rings coming out of China, these base metals usually being silver. Odds are, if the diamonds test real then you have a real prize, and if not then it is most likely a faker. If you don't own a tester a jeweler can test the ring & stone for you rather quickly and usually at no charge. Hope this helps.

It helps a lot, thank you bigscoop. It sure looks like a 12. I'm gonna try to get a pic of it under a loupe and post it. This sucker is big and heavy!

image-3953183749.webp



image-3808281349.webp



image-1628444196.webp



image-1732375049.webp
 
Beautiful ring, Congratulations.
 
Very nice find. Congarts.
 
Plat! Haven't found one yet!


Congratulations
 
Trent, that is a most beautiful ring find!

Congratulations!

Sorry, I don't know what the "12" signifies, but I'm sure others on the forum can help with ID.

Lorraine
 
Nice ring. Still waiting for my first platt.
 
SuWEEEEEt!!!! that is freakin fantastic!!! :hello2:
 
Hey Trent congrats on the ring. The 12 stamp reminds me of the 16 stamp on my first 14k ring it stood for the size. HH
 
Nice Trent ! You are on a roll man!
I could be wrong but I don't think you gotta worry about fake diamonds being set into Platinum.
If it says Plat (which it does) and it's heavy... Then be happy and enjoy because it's highly unlikely to be fake. Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
Nice ring. Good for you.
If it was December I would say you covered the
"12 days of Christmas" with that one ring.
 
Last edited:
Hey thanks a lot everyone. I have been very lucky my first few months into this hobby. Talk about beginners luck, right? Let's see what today brings. Happy hunting to all.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom