Beachcombing finds

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Hello TNET friends.
This Winter has alternating strong onshore winds blowing from South and North for some time now. THese keep washing up many interesting finds again and again.
As I am not working currently I had lots of time to make extensive beachwalks and I have found many nice finds, driftwood, beachglass, some trash that was interesting, a thing I think could be a glass fishing-net floater (check out my thread in the ''what is it'' category) and when I don't find washed-up stuff I find coins that the wind has blown free of the surrounding sand.
Last week (so this is technically last week's find not today's...) I found this vintage speargun very high on the beach. It's a Rocket 105, made in Greece 105cm speargun.
What I like about this find is that I had already found while beachcombing, years ago, a rubber speargun sling and a protective cap for the spear tip and being a spear-fisher myself I had found underwater on some hunt of mine some time ago, a harpoon spear that fits.

speargun1.JPG

I have now the complete working thing (I tested it, still pretty straightshooting ashore, I have to wait for Summer to test it underwater :-) the only thing missing could be a fitting reel for the spear's line... Well, I will continue looking for it.

speargun2.JPG

Not a really precious find but I feel like this is a trasure for me and I wanted to share this.

Happy hunting

Upvote 20

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello TNET friends.
This Winter has alternating strong onshore winds blowing from South and North for some time now. THese keep washing up many interesting finds again and again.
As I am not working currently I had lots of time to make extensive beachwalks and I have found many nice finds, driftwood, beachglass, some trash that was interesting, a thing I think could be a glass fishing-net floater (check out my thread in the ''what is it'' category) and when I don't find washed-up stuff I find coins that the wind has blown free of the surrounding sand.
Last week (so this is technically last week's find not today's...) I found this vintage speargun very high on the beach. It's a Rocket 105, made in Greece 105cm speargun.
What I like about this find is that I had already found while beachcombing, years ago, a rubber speargun sling and a protective cap for the spear tip and being a spear-fisher myself I had found underwater on some hunt of mine some time ago, a harpoon spear that fits.

View attachment 1996444

I have now the complete working thing (I tested it, still pretty straightshooting ashore, I have to wait for Summer to test it underwater :-) the only thing missing could be a fitting reel for the spear's line... Well, I will continue looking for it.

View attachment 1996445

Not a really precious find but I feel like this is a trasure for me and I wanted to share this.

Happy hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello TNET friends.

View attachment 1996444

View attachment 1996445

Happy hunting
wow, you don't find those everyday!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread