What's new

Beautiful 18th century shoe buckle frame

brianc053

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2015
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
3,777
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sussex County, DE
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone. Here's a quick post to show you the beautiful shoe buckle frame I found yesterday at a 1750s house in my town.
The homeowner is very proud of the history of his house, and when granting permission to detect there he'd told me, "Please give me something you find from the 1700s".
Well, it looks like I delivered!

First picture is the cleaned up buckle frame, but the rest of the pictures show:
  • the buckle frame as it came out of the ground
  • after I carefully removed the dirt (using Andre's Pencil's only)
  • and then as I ultimately mounted and displayed it.
  • The final picture is all finds from 2 hours of detecting.
I dropped the finished display off at his house this morning and he was blown away! (And then told me I could come back any time I wanted! There's still a lot to find there - I've only scratched the surface!)

- Brian

IMG_2274.webp

IMG_2271.webp

IMG_2272.webp

IMG_2278.webp

IMG_2279.webp

IMG_2280.webp

68505437731__8F1F116A-93EE-40D1-8083-D6DB3A8FC1B5.webp
 
Upvote 74
Great Saves of the shoe buckle. A Real BEWT! I wish you Continued Success at the old home site. The Display looks great also.
 
Hi everyone. Here's a quick post to show you the beautiful shoe buckle frame I found yesterday at a 1750s house in my town.
The homeowner is very proud of the history of his house, and when granting permission to detect there he'd told me, "Please give me something you find from the 1700s".
Well, it looks like I delivered!

First picture is the cleaned up buckle frame, but the rest of the pictures show:
  • the buckle frame as it came out of the ground
  • after I carefully removed the dirt (using Andre's Pencil's only)
  • and then as I ultimately mounted and displayed it.
  • The final picture is all finds from 2 hours of detecting.
I dropped the finished display off at his house this morning and he was blown away! (And then told me I could come back any time I wanted! There's still a lot to find there - I've only scratched the surface!)

- Brian

View attachment 2046926
View attachment 2046928
View attachment 2046927
View attachment 2046930
View attachment 2046929
View attachment 2046931
View attachment 2046932
Outstanding!
 
Congrats on the shoe buckle frame Brian, your patient restoration work paid off nicely. :occasion14:
I also find it very decent that you agreed to give the property owner any finds from the 1700s too.

Best of luck in finding some period coinage if you head back.
Dave
 
Job well done! Can't help but feel that extra effort you made for the owner will provide good karma on your next trip- GL!
 
Nice find and nice display good job. I wish we could vote honorable mention for gifts to the landowner like this.
 
Hi everyone. Here's a quick post to show you the beautiful shoe buckle frame I found yesterday at a 1750s house in my town.
The homeowner is very proud of the history of his house, and when granting permission to detect there he'd told me, "Please give me something you find from the 1700s".
Well, it looks like I delivered!

First picture is the cleaned up buckle frame, but the rest of the pictures show:
  • the buckle frame as it came out of the ground
  • after I carefully removed the dirt (using Andre's Pencil's only)
  • and then as I ultimately mounted and displayed it.
  • The final picture is all finds from 2 hours of detecting.
I dropped the finished display off at his house this morning and he was blown away! (And then told me I could come back any time I wanted! There's still a lot to find there - I've only scratched the surface!)

- Brian

View attachment 2046926
View attachment 2046928
View attachment 2046927
View attachment 2046930
View attachment 2046929
View attachment 2046931
View attachment 2046932
Awesome job on that one! Congratulations
 
WTG Brian! You created a beautiful show piece that the home owner will cherish forever. In return you received an open-ended permission. That is totally a win-win situation in my book. Fantastic!
 
... The homeowner is very proud of the history of his house, and when granting permission to detect there he'd told me, "Please give me something you find from the 1700s".
Well, it looks like I delivered!.....

I dropped the finished display off at his house this morning and he was blown away! (And then told me I could come back any time I wanted! There's still a lot to find there - I've only scratched the surface!)

- Brian

View attachment 2046926

View attachment 2046927

View attachment 2046931

And that folks is how to get invited back to detect again ... and again ... and ...
Great find and presentation to the homeowner. Congrats on a superb job cleaning it up.
 
Beautiful Shoe buckle frame the six pointed embossed star rosettes are excellent , a buckle manufactured late in the last quarter no doubt . great find
 
Great recoveries and awesome gift for the owner!
 
Did you frame your frame, bro? :laughing7:

JK, that's a beautiful one.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom