What's new

Beautiful Civil War Snake Sword Hanger!

mangum

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
2,323
Reaction score
3,533
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all! I got out today for a couple hours to an 1830ish homesite & found this awesome Civil War (or earlier) sword hanger. It was a nice surprise to see a design (looks like a snake) when I started cleaning it! It was my first signal of the day & the best! HH! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443401014.304493.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443401031.051727.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443401040.702034.webp
 
Upvote 39
Awesome find!!! Beautiful design :)
 
Really cool find. It's amazing how sometimes you get your best find right out of the gate.
Congrats.
 
Now thats a great find MAG,
Love the design.
 
Really cool find. It's amazing how sometimes you get your best find right out of the gate.
Congrats.

Or when its too dark to see what you've found
 
Wayyyy cool man! Congrats
 
Great find, and a beautiful cleaning job on that one. Toothpick method?

Cheers,

Buck
 
Great find, and a beautiful cleaning job on that one. Toothpick method?

Cheers,

Buck
I saw your post on this one almost 10 years ago! Yours is a closer match to the Leech & Ridgdon... i still think it is a strong possibility that they made the one I found. Yes, I used ONLY a toothpick on this, NO WATER! (I've learned from the best!) (any wood will do, I honestly used a piece of mulch to start!)12019784_10153658368814375_9030688945687342623_n.webp
 
What an awesome relic find! That will display great
 
Very nice!
Iv'e never seen one before.
 
Very cool, and a good lesson for some about cleaning. Even just water probably would have hurt it. Funny thing is if it needs liquid a peroxide soak with no rinsing tends to hold on to the patina pretty good.
 
Amazing find ! :occasion14:
 
Very nice Mr. Mangum!
 
Real nice find Mag!!on my wish list.....congrats man
 
That's a really nice piece of history, congrats on the find.
 
That's a beautiful piece.
 
INCREDIBLE CIVIL WAR FIND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom