Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all! I got out today for a couple hours to an 1830ish homesite & found this awesome Civil War (or earlier) sword hanger. It was a nice surprise to see a design (looks like a snake) when I started cleaning it! It was my first signal of the day & the best! HH! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443401014.304493.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443401031.051727.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443401040.702034.jpg

Upvote 19
Really cool find. It's amazing how sometimes you get your best find right out of the gate.
Congrats.

Now thats a great find MAG,
Love the design.

Great find, and a beautiful cleaning job on that one. Toothpick method?

Cheers,

Buck

Great find, and a beautiful cleaning job on that one. Toothpick method?

Cheers,

Buck
I saw your post on this one almost 10 years ago! Yours is a closer match to the Leech & Ridgdon... i still think it is a strong possibility that they made the one I found. Yes, I used ONLY a toothpick on this, NO WATER! (I've learned from the best!) (any wood will do, I honestly used a piece of mulch to start!)12019784_10153658368814375_9030688945687342623_n.jpg

What an awesome relic find! That will display great

Very cool, and a good lesson for some about cleaning. Even just water probably would have hurt it. Funny thing is if it needs liquid a peroxide soak with no rinsing tends to hold on to the patina pretty good.

Amazing find ! :occasion14:

Very nice Mr. Mangum!

Real nice find Mag!!on my wish list.....congrats man

That's a really nice piece of history, congrats on the find.

That's a beautiful piece.

INCREDIBLE CIVIL WAR FIND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back