What's new

Beauty 1887 Seated Liberty Dime Out of a High Trash Area

Ohio Jerry

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
842
Reaction score
152
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro
IMG_4379 (3).webpIMG_4380 (2).webpIMG_4390 (2).webpIMG_4393 (2).webpIMG_4394 (2).webpIMG_4398 (2).webp

From a wooded,high trash area comes a beauty 1887 Seated Liberty Dime. I cherry picked this site years ago and found some Barber dimes and Indian Heads. Today I decided to dig it all. Still a lot of trash to pick through but this seated has sure given me some motivation to work this site even harder 8-)
 
Upvote 90
That dime is in excellent shape. Congrats.
 
the obverse on the LG is pretty rough,Chinese mintmark :laughing7:
 
She really is a beauty :icon_thumright:
 
That’s a beautiful Seated dime for sure....
What did the baseball ring up as?:tongue3:
 
Beautiful coin. Congrats
o.png
 
Very nice. Congrats ! Soil conditions there appear to be good for silver; definitely worth return visits.
 
Hello Ohio Jerry. Real nice bunch of digs. Great looking seated dime. Hope your motivation pays off. Good Luck out there. C9
 
Welcome Back Jerry :)
 
that is a dandy! Seateds like that don't come along every day!
Jim
 
View attachment 1616205View attachment 1616206View attachment 1616207View attachment 1616208View attachment 1616209View attachment 1616210

From a wooded,high trash area comes a beauty 1887 Seated Liberty Dime. I cherry picked this site years ago and found some Barber dimes and Indian Heads. Today I decided to dig it all. Still a lot of trash to pick through but this seated has sure given me some motivation to work this site even harder 8-)
That is one sharp seated dime OJ! It takes a ton of patience to grind through a trashy site like that. Well done!
 
View attachment 1616205View attachment 1616206View attachment 1616207View attachment 1616208View attachment 1616209View attachment 1616210

From a wooded,high trash area comes a beauty 1887 Seated Liberty Dime. I cherry picked this site years ago and found some Barber dimes and Indian Heads. Today I decided to dig it all. Still a lot of trash to pick through but this seated has sure given me some motivation to work this site even harder 8-)
That Dime is a beauty!
 
Your a pro to save that silver beauty from the trash
 
Amazing that this thread is now over 8 yrs old.
Beauty dime she is.
 
What a great looking coin - congrats ! :icon_thumleft:
 
View attachment 1616205View attachment 1616206View attachment 1616207View attachment 1616208View attachment 1616209View attachment 1616210

From a wooded,high trash area comes a beauty 1887 Seated Liberty Dime. I cherry picked this site years ago and found some Barber dimes and Indian Heads. Today I decided to dig it all. Still a lot of trash to pick through but this seated has sure given me some motivation to work this site even harder 8-)
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!!
 
Great looking Seated dime.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom