PJ in WI
Full Member
- Joined
- Mar 17, 2007
- Messages
- 147
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- EXPLORER SE and an ACE 250
Been awol from th'ng for 30 yrs. Have a few questions and I need your help.
I used to coin hunting almost every day for about 5 yrs but the wife, kids, my job and the military had a higher priority. Now that I'm through with the military and the kids are gone (I still have the wife) I've decided to take up the hobby again. I found your outstanding site and after reading the posts and comments I can honestly say you guys are a wealth of knowledge and rather entertaining. I intend to look for coins in local parks, older homes, old abandoned home sites and a rather large town that was going strong in the1890's to the 1920's but was totally gone by the 1950's. My question is what kind of md would you recommend. When I started reading TN, I see a lot of you talk about the Ace 250. Is this a good choice of md or would you recommend something else. How is the depth. Would it be good for old homes and the old town that is now woods. Thank you in advance for your time, knowledge and feedback.
I used to coin hunting almost every day for about 5 yrs but the wife, kids, my job and the military had a higher priority. Now that I'm through with the military and the kids are gone (I still have the wife) I've decided to take up the hobby again. I found your outstanding site and after reading the posts and comments I can honestly say you guys are a wealth of knowledge and rather entertaining. I intend to look for coins in local parks, older homes, old abandoned home sites and a rather large town that was going strong in the1890's to the 1920's but was totally gone by the 1950's. My question is what kind of md would you recommend. When I started reading TN, I see a lot of you talk about the Ace 250. Is this a good choice of md or would you recommend something else. How is the depth. Would it be good for old homes and the old town that is now woods. Thank you in advance for your time, knowledge and feedback.
Upvote
0

I got a chuckle about keeping the wife. You are a winner already. I have a prizm IV and a MXT.I started out with the Prizm IV. Whatever MD MC you decide to get,I would reccommend buying from a dealer you can trust. Everybody's taste is different. I really like my MXT. Do research on alot of MC and dealers. Consider the weight of the MC and the features. Do you want to go in the water with the MC? Whatever MC you decide on getting,just have fun. H.H. Silvergirl






