Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father had gotten me into collecting guns since I was young and when he passed away in 2000. Here are some of the guns he had that was left to me which are the oldest he had. A colt 45 made uin 1911-1913 according to the serial number along with a 22 coversion slide for it, a WW2 German Luger, with matching numbers and original holster, some colt and browning smokeless hand guns. I am not sure the value Colt, Browning, Savage, and H&R smokeless handguns. I know the Lugar and 45. Both of which are around the $4,500+ range for each. The others I am not sure, I know they are around the 1920'-30's year range handguns. I may go this weekend to several gun shops and see what they are worth and maybe sell them if the value is fair. As far as the Luger and Colt 1911. Those will never be for sale.

Here is a WW2 German Binoculars with case as well.

Here are some pictures

Attachments

• SANY0212-1.JPG
    SANY0212-1.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 825
  • SANY0212-1.JPG
    SANY0212-1.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 634

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.
Beautiful guns.

I would love to own the little ones. I have a old luger but it is not as nice as yours.

OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went and brought them to a gun store the other day. The owner told me the Savage, (one in the case), was worth about $200. I know this is BS because I have seen some in same and better condition going from $900-$1,400. The H&R, (the one with the barrel sticking out of the slide), he said it was a rarity handgun and hard to find but told me it was worth $150. The other 2 browning s he said they were worth about $100-200 each.

After I made it clear to him that I had researched the Savage and told him what it was worth. I think he thought I was looking to sell them right away so I told him I wasn't going to sell them, but I just wanted an estimated value for insurance purposes. Then he recanted what he first told me. He then said that the Savage that I haev being the condition it is in would be around $900 range, the H$R about $400, the other Brownings about $400-$500 each.

I didn't bring the Lugar or 1911 as I know what they are already worth and will never sell no matter the number offered. I know my father had the 1911 re-blued in 1969. I don't think the Luger was ever re-blued, but it is in original condition with no rust of worn finish. My dad did change out the original Luger grips, (which I still have and look much different), and changed to another set of orginal Luger grips.

Funny how the gun shop owners will try and give you a low ball number in hopes to buy a handgun or rifle from someone they may think don't know crap about them. I may sell them I am not sure. I am going to do some more research on the H&R being it is a rare handgun of that model and style as well as the other Brownings and the Savage. All the handguns, H&R, Brownings, and Savage are around the 1920'-1930's range. I just have to find out what models they are to do a better research.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread