Best coin find forever...for me anyway..

Silverindahole

Oct 20, 2013
Canada
Detector(s) used
Etrac/CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought for sure I had another penny under the coil. Turned out to be a rare variety of an 1858 Canadian 10 cent. I didn't rub it much so other than a couple of tarnish spot on it she came out nice.

IMG_0408.JPGIMG_0414.JPG

Upvote 42
Thanks...I have had some crazy luck this year metal detecting.....In March I was hunting in England and found a solid gold key shaped brooch from the 1500s Tudor era....I am hoping I get that back after the Museum plays with it...View attachment 1323246

Congrats on the silver 1858/ 1558 Canadian dime.
It is a once in a lifetime find.
The gold brooch key is also an excellent find but the 2 pictures are of different keys.
Congrats

The gold brooch key is also an excellent find but the 2 pictures are of different keys.
Congrats

The keys look the same to me, where do you spot a difference?

Look at the oval end of the key. In one pic it is positioned one way ,,,the other way in the other pic. That is very odd.

It looks to be the same key to me, too many details are the same. I'm going to bet the oval end broke off during cleaning. Then it was laid out the wrong way for the second pic.

VERY nice Find!
Great condition, too...!

Congrats

Same key....the end broke off during cleaning and when the key was photographed for our club the guy oriented the end incorrectly by mistake....

Sweet dime and that key is Awesome too!! Congrats!!

Thanks...I have had some crazy luck this year metal detecting.....In March I was hunting in England and found a solid gold key shaped brooch from the 1500s Tudor era....I am hoping I get that back after the Museum plays with it...View attachment 1323246

Great coin find mate I vote banner as well, but not a chance with the gold key of getting that back. They will keep that for sure. Still a great find though and you should get a payment out of it 😊

Great coin find mate I vote banner as well, but not a chance with the gold key of getting that back. They will keep that for sure. Still a great find though and you should get a payment out of it ��

Hey I was notified that I would be getting my key back. I am getting it repaired and will pick it up in the UK Feb 2017. Also won find of the year for the key and will get a free weeks detecting in the UK. HH

GREAT COIN!! Bagged one of this in the Spring here in Massachusetts. The obverse on mine is slick though, and obviously a common date. LOVE finding silver Canadian Coins!! Cheers from the U.S.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back