What's new

Best find so far! NJ copper but need help

shoreboydigger

Greenie
Joined
Sep 5, 2016
Messages
11
Reaction score
23
Golden Thread
0
Location
Easton maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter quick draw pro, Bounty Hunter Walmart special, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of my best finds so far the soil was like butter you can literally dig with just ur hands. So the coin conditions are amazing! But I need someone to help me figure out what version I have from the descriptions I've read I think it's a 1786 maris7-e but maybe that's just wishful thinking lol.
 

Attachments

  • 20160905_210700.webp
    20160905_210700.webp
    1 MB · Views: 260
  • 20160905_210647.webp
    20160905_210647.webp
    914.3 KB · Views: 262
Upvote 24
Oh wow, that is a beauty.
 
Why thank you! I plucked it out of the hole 3 hours ago and I'm still on a history high haha!
 
That thing is frick'n amazing. Nice score. Congrats
 
It really is one of the most beautiful state coppers I have ever seen. I dont dig many here and certainly never one like that. Know nothing about them and /type rarity but I'd vote banner just for the condition alone.
 
What's not fair ! I live in New Jersey and have never found one of those. Beautiful coin! Congrats on a terrific find.
 
How do I make it a banner find? I just started on this site to post this lol
 
Wow, excellent find. My only NJ was identifiable but nothing like yours. Congrats!!!
 
Thanks I just hope someone can tell me what kind it is there's a ton of varieties of this coin bc of all the legal battles between the minters lol
 
Sweet find someone will ID it Thanks for sharing it with us hope you find lots more!!!!!!!!!
 
Me too I'll be going back to that spot soon I was just scouting out the spot and that's the first thing I swung my coil over!
 
Aaah, there's nothing like making a sweet find AND its in remarkable condition. Congrats!
 
Sweet state copper!! I think Maryland is pretty nice to state coppers.
 
It sure is lol if u know of any good spots I'm always down for a trip haha
 
Beautiful coin! See my PM post.

aj
 
Cannot help on the variety but the condition is incredible congratulations. You got some good dirt there

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Definitely not obverse 7, the date is below the plow beam on that obverse. Check out 15-T, beautiful for a dug coin!
 
If there was only one variety you could cross it off the list because it would be hard to imagine getting one nicer!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom