Best Hunt Ive Had In A Long Time

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best Hunt I've Had In A Long Time

Tuesday evening we had some really strong storms move through and dump some massive amounts of rain in a short time so I knew Weds would be good for hunting. I watched the radar and saw that two really big storms moved right over the new area that I hit a couple weeks ago and found 10 points in two trips so I headed back out that way.

The first placed I stopped I almost didn't get to hunt since the farmer was gone and his wife wasn't all that keen on letting me in since she said it would be to muddy. I finally convinced her by telling her I had driven a long way and her husband had told me to come back after it rained. I also told her I would come out if it was to muddy, which it wasn't since all the water ran off to the low spots instead of soaking in. This site is a pumpkin patch and it isn't very big, but it's a nice high ridge right next to a large creek and is covered in Flint. I found the two in the first two pictures and the large Knife, smaller Knife and the chunk of worked Hematite in the bottom row of the group shot in this field. It only took a little over an hour to hunt this spot.

I then drove on down the same road to see if I could find another spot and as I topped a hill I saw some huge fields right along the same creek and after finding out who farmed them I went and asked for permission and he said he didn't own them and couldn't tell me I could or couldn't and that the owner lived far away and it was up to me whether I went in or not. He did say other guys used to hunt it a few years back, so I decided what the Hell, I'll give it a try. These fields were huge and I could see a really big ridge about a quarter mile away out close to the creek so I started making my way out that direction. I was seeing a few pieces of Flint on the way to that ridge, but no Points. As soon as I got the ridge I noticed it was very sandy and there was Flint everywhere. Within a few minutes I had found my first Point and I ended up finding everything in the top 2 rows of the group shot plus the the big Stemmed Point on the left in the 3rd row and the large Scraper on the right of the 3rd row, 14 pieces total. Unfortunately, I had left my camera on after I took the last instu until when I went to take another picture and the batteries had went dead and I was way to far from my vehicle to walk back and get more so no in situs of those finds and that sucks because there would have been some good ones.

I also found something rare for my area, a Quartz Point. This make only the 4th Quartz Point I've ever found here in my area. I'll post some individual pics of it in the next post.

Attachments

• 100_1557.jpg
    100_1557.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 502
  • 100_1558.jpg
    100_1558.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 483
  • 100_1559.jpg
    100_1559.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 492
  • 100_1569.jpg
    100_1569.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 500
  • 100_1570.jpg
    100_1570.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 500
  • 100_1571.jpg
    100_1571.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 499
  • 100_1578.jpg
    100_1578.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 495
  • 100_1579.jpg
    100_1579.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 502
Upvote 0

Hutch in PA

Nov 18, 2010
Western PA
Re: Best Hunt I've Had In A Long Time

Congratulations on a great day and finding a new site! I especially like the variety of artifacts. A little bit of everything in there...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread