Best Locations for Beginers

jasonbo

Nov 1, 2005
Round Rock, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace250 / Cibola
I still consider myself a beginer because im not that avid i may get out 10 to 15 times a year. But i figured we can have a thread to help beginers get used to there machines on the best places to hunt. I rember when i first started i hit an old house field got discouraged by all the iron i was finding an old blatz cans. I started taking my nephew out an he would be bored if we werent finding anything so i started going places we would find stuff right away. So please add to this

Parks

1# place in a park for quick finds is right below a swing
jungle gyms change always falls down an rings necklaces
merry go rounds change gets dropped i usaly find the most toys here

Fair Grounds.

Not hard to get permission an is alys good to go around in front of refreshment stands yes alot of pulltabs

along paved walks sides

(from experience stay away from parking areas so many parts fall off cars)

But in grassy berms in parking lots usally where people will sit or stand do well

Campgrounds

swimming beaches

picnic areas

and fishing spots (be careful of hooks)

These are usally places I go with my nephew

One place we are trying to add is the boyscout campsite near where we are

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charles Garrett has out a fine book called, "Sucessful Coin Hunting." It lists hundreds of places you may never think of detecting.

rayray3

Jan 17, 2006
Northern WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab EX2, Ace 250, Garrett pinpointer
Im a newbie and I went right to the beaches first. Helped me with pinpointing and getting used to the detector. Just a scoop, headphones, and detector. Did that a few times then went to the park, and now im finding CW stuff.
So for me it was the beach. Less digging, more finding and really get to know your detector. Plus your almost guaranteed to find a coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread