BEST QUARTER FINDS EVER! 59 SILVERS

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys.
hope you are all doing good this weekend. didn't have much time to do CRH or to post but i still come here once in a while to read about your finds.. had some good boxes the last couple of months but nothing good enough to post. until this friday:

my boss (owner of the restaurant where i work) asked me to pick up 5 rolls of quartes for him from the bank on my way to work (always happy to do him this favor :) ). one of the rolls was CWR and as he was emptying the quarters into the register, i heard silver clinking. i was sure it was silver, i know that sound!

so i checked the register, and sure enough - 4 silver quarters: 3x 1958, 1X 1935! i was really surprised, i never found more than 2 quarter per $500 box, and now 4 out of 5 rolls! i figured it had to be the CWR.

so on my break i ran back to the bank where i picked them up, and asked the same teller if she had more quarters i could buy. she checks and tellm me she has $170. i buy em all, of course. 4 CWR, 13 machine rolls. i opened the MWR first, to leave the best for later. no silver, no surprise. then i got to the CWR:
roll #1: 9 silver quarters! woohhooo. i was freaking out. 9 quarters!! and then i opened the next 1..
roll #2: 21 silvers!! omg.. 34 quarters and still have 2 rolls to open. hands shaking..
roll #3: 6 silver!
roll #4: 19 silvers!

in total i found 59 silver quarters, all were 1958-1959, besides 1 (1935). so i guess this was a part of a collection? where are the rest of them? lol.. maybe SilverSpoon got the other half of this collection in his box lol.

$14.75 FV, I'LL TAKE THAT EVERY DAY!

not that much of a dream score if it were halves, but with quarters - it'll usually take me 2 years to find that many

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

hope you all are having a great weekend, and finding lots of silver!

good luck and HH,
YONICO

Upvote 0
Wow!!!! I only have one silver quarter...which I bought from a cashier for more than face.

tenseventyfive said:
Yonico I was just wondering yesterday where you've been - maybe I was missing your posts but you used to post lots of great links to those magazine offers where we got eagles and whatnot for great prices. Is that still going on?

yes. but not as often as it used to be. cause of high silver prices

i had to stop posting these ads cause my posts were deleted time after time by moderators

Beautiful pics! Glad you got a nice score--especially quarters! :hello2:

apush :read2:

Awww... well that just sucks - you got a lot of us a lot of great deals! (Including my first Peace)

Ease up, mods....

:coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back