BEST QUARTER FINDS EVER! 59 SILVERS

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys.
hope you are all doing good this weekend. didn't have much time to do CRH or to post but i still come here once in a while to read about your finds.. had some good boxes the last couple of months but nothing good enough to post. until this friday:

my boss (owner of the restaurant where i work) asked me to pick up 5 rolls of quartes for him from the bank on my way to work (always happy to do him this favor :) ). one of the rolls was CWR and as he was emptying the quarters into the register, i heard silver clinking. i was sure it was silver, i know that sound!

so i checked the register, and sure enough - 4 silver quarters: 3x 1958, 1X 1935! i was really surprised, i never found more than 2 quarter per $500 box, and now 4 out of 5 rolls! i figured it had to be the CWR.

so on my break i ran back to the bank where i picked them up, and asked the same teller if she had more quarters i could buy. she checks and tellm me she has $170. i buy em all, of course. 4 CWR, 13 machine rolls. i opened the MWR first, to leave the best for later. no silver, no surprise. then i got to the CWR:
roll #1: 9 silver quarters! woohhooo. i was freaking out. 9 quarters!! and then i opened the next 1..
roll #2: 21 silvers!! omg.. 34 quarters and still have 2 rolls to open. hands shaking..
roll #3: 6 silver!
roll #4: 19 silvers!

in total i found 59 silver quarters, all were 1958-1959, besides 1 (1935). so i guess this was a part of a collection? where are the rest of them? lol.. maybe SilverSpoon got the other half of this collection in his box lol.

$14.75 FV, I'LL TAKE THAT EVERY DAY!

not that much of a dream score if it were halves, but with quarters - it'll usually take me 2 years to find that many

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

hope you all are having a great weekend, and finding lots of silver!

good luck and HH,
YONICO

Upvote 0

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
amazing score!!!! huge congrats!!!!!!! dream score!!!!!!! PS i love ur avatar, thats my favorite US coin! keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

OP
OP
yonico

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you so much!

and to ChainChomp, this beautiful Peace dollar is the first coin i came across CRHing, that made me wanna do it on a regular basis. my first silver find. i still have it :)

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
yonico said:
thank you so much!

and to ChainChomp, this beautiful Peace dollar is the first coin i came across CRHing, that made me wanna do it on a regular basis. my first silver find. i still have it :)

dang!!!!!! wonderful first find!!! huge congrats! i hope to find one someday in circ! keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know exactly how you are feeling man!! Check out my post on what happened to me today.

Great job! FYI, I have seen this happen first hand in the restnt. industry. Some kids paid for the meal at Sbarros Pizza with all change, and this dude comes from the kitchen swooping in freaking out beacuse they were all silver. He must have heard them from the back. So he bought them out of the register in front of his manager, no questions asked.

This happened before I started CRH, but I still remember it. Im sure that happens everyday but the silvers end up at a rolling facility.

HH- GH

OP
OP
yonico

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gilmore Happy said:
I know exactly how you are feeling man!! Check out my post on what happened to me today.

Great job! FYI, I have seen this happen first hand in the restnt. industry. Some kids paid for the meal at Sbarros Pizza with all change, and this dude comes from the kitchen swooping in freaking out beacuse they were all silver. He must have heard them from the back. So he bought them out of the register in front of his manager, no questions asked.

This happened before I started CRH, but I still remember it. Im sure that happens everyday but the silvers end up at a rolling facility.

HH- GH

LOL
i know! i'm a shift manager and i do the registers' closings and everything that has to do with the cash registers, change, counting etc.. i always check the coins for silver/wheats/interesting coins. i've found silver dimes, quarters, war nickels, 1 buffalo, many many wheats, silver certificates, red seals etc etc.. perfect job for a CRHer lol.

RP4L

Jun 3, 2011
Very cool. Maybe some little old lady with a coin jar cashing in ;)

tenseventyfive

Apr 25, 2010
Yonico I was just wondering yesterday where you've been - maybe I was missing your posts but you used to post lots of great links to those magazine offers where we got eagles and whatnot for great prices. Is that still going on?

RP4L

Jun 3, 2011
tenseventyfive said:
Yonico I was just wondering yesterday where you've been - maybe I was missing your posts but you used to post lots of great links to those magazine offers where we got eagles and whatnot for great prices. Is that still going on?

Was it from the Beaumont TX boys?

http://preciousmetalbargains.com/ (not my blog, but some good posts there no less)

smittyw

Jan 6, 2011
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
mmmm, mmmm, good, finding silver is mmmm, mmmm, good. Well done. (sung to the Campbell's soup theme)

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
That is amazing! I think the silver quarter is my favorite on to find - can't imagine opening rolls and seeing all those silver rims! Awesome find.

MU

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Yonico. I've seen some big quarter scores on here lately, maybe I need to give them a try

K

Jul 17, 2011
MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am soooooo jealous!!! Great FIND!! Can we get a picture of the reverse of the 1935? :laughing9: :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :thumbsup:
Holy+Cow+My+firs+pic+it+kinda+sux+but+oh_8710e3_67212.jpg

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some score right there, indeed someone's collection. Odd finding the 1935 in the mix of the 1958-1959 quarters! and the 1935 looks to be in decant shape for 76 years old!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions