What's new

Best Water Long Handled Scoop

CoilFisher

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2011
Messages
977
Reaction score
299
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone got some input here?

I have a 5.5lb stainless steel that is 48"; it is a brute. Just too tiring/fatiguing to use when swinging a detector of similar weight in the other arm.

Are the aluminum ones too flimsy?

Thanks for help!
 
Upvote 0
sent you a PM
 
I have been using a lightweight scoop designed and made by Ron DeGhetto, it is a really good scoop called the T Rex. Made is the USA!
 
Gary looks like Ron did a redesign of Steves Pro scoop...... proscoop.html I dont believe Steve out of Mich is doing anymore of them nice to have another place to pick one up. But i really am liking the 90 degree handle now im not sure i can go back to that angled one. Mine is like 9 1/2 X 11 i think. I really like the amount of small holes for here in Fl. Gets a little tuffer in the shells or rocks, but i think it does with any scoop. I like what hes done to it thou.... nice.

Dew
 
Last edited:
A lot depends on you bottom material. I've used many and the Sunspot Stealth is the best in my opinion for what I want to do. It is very strong and takes a big bite which is necessary in the surf where the next wave will wash more sand in the hole.
"the STEALTH" by Sunspot The Pic is of my older one with the small holes in the front for small items. Note the magnets and earring stud.
255.webp
 
Last edited:
Those are some sturdy scoops that Chuck makes Sandman. A good scoop is worth its weight.... nothing more frustrating than trying to dig with a scoop that frustrates you.

Dew
 
A lot depends on you bottom material. I've used many and the Sunspot Stealth is the best in my opinion for what I want to do. It is very strong and takes a big bite which is necessary in the surf where the next wave will wash more sand in the hole.
"the STEALTH" by Sunspot The Pic is of my older one with the small holes in the front for small items. Note the magnets and earring stud.
View attachment 650553
Is that the 720 stealth with the angled handle?
 
I use the Beach Brute II, added a stainless steel lip to it..... It is 8.5 inches wide, 6 inches high and 12 inches long........... It is a backhoe.... Weighs just a hair over 5 lbs with the SS lip...



beachbrute-1-1.jpg
 
I use a RTG Monster 7" aluminum scoop. I think it is very sturdy, and about 1.5-lbs lighter than yours
 
I use a cheap galvanized metal feed scoop with half inch holes drilled in it. It is only about 1 pound, but it is fatiguing, ugly, uncomfortable to use, and will eventually rust away. I recommend against it. Thanks for the thread I am watching the info roll in and will keep it in mind when I buy one.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom