Better mousetrap idea ! maybe- Take it and run

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.k. stickin my neck out on a limb here, but ive always wondered why when panning or separating gold in general someone doesnt incorparate
a trap door at the bottom to let heavies out the bottom instead of washing, rewashin to get rid of the light stuff on top. get to the goodies a lot quicker.

Somebody can add to this, maybe we can get a better mousetrap here. Thanks

johnnysau

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's called the pyramid pro pan!

pyramid_pro_pan.jpg

WolfgangStiller

Aug 20, 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, ProPointer, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had pretty good results with the Pyramid Pro so far. Works way better in terms of volume and fine gold retention than a regular pan. In some locations with non-optimal water flow, I can run material quicker with the PP than with a sluice since I don't classify as much (or at all). I have found it works pretty good for quick sampling where I really need to to sample a large volume of material quickly.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7:Goodguy is quick

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I'm sold.
The video was slick.
A lot of times I'm digging in hole that's knee deep in water just on the banks of the river.
I wouldn't even need to get out of the hole.
I would just stand there and wash gravel, then dumped the trap into the bucket.
And I had an idea too. I noticed that he wanted to keep the pan just under the surface of the water to create the washing action.
I like the title of this thread. As an amateur inventor, like all inventors, we're basically lazy.
I'm not afraid of hard work but granddad always said work smarter not harder.
I think if I had one of these I would build an adjustable stand that would hold it just under water.
The stand would have 2 rails for the pan to sit on.
Then you could slide it back and forth without having to support the weight of the gravel.
Just a thought.:goldpan:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, I'm sold.
The video was slick.
A lot of times I'm digging in hole that's knee deep in water just on the banks of the river.
I wouldn't even need to get out of the hole.
I would just stand there and wash gravel, then dumped the trap into the bucket.
And I had an idea too. I noticed that he wanted to keep the pan just under the surface of the water to create the washing action.
I like the title of this thread. As an amateur inventor, like all inventors, we're basically lazy.
I'm not afraid of hard work but granddad always said work smarter not harder.
I think if I had one of these I would build an adjustable stand that would hold it just under water.
The stand would have 2 rails for the pan to sit on.
Then you could slide it back and forth without having to support the weight of the gravel.
Just a thought.:goldpan:
And a cup holder on the side:thumbsup:

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now I want one! thats cool, I also found an oregon sun-stone in the creek behind my dads house.
1029122320.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions