Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin fantastic!!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin' fantastic!!!

Unbelievable video of big North American gold nuggets + new finds, pics, videos added: a live thread, so please post your gold shots.
I'll add other videos or stills of big nuggety North American gold as I find them.

This video starts slow, but it's shot underground, so give it a while and then watch out that you don't have a freakin' heart attack!!

I hope you love looking at this as much as I did--every placer miner's dream come true. If you're a rookie, you'll get the fever bad watching this one. (To avoid any confusion, this is not my video, nor is it my clean-up, nor was I involved in any way--I found it by mistake after typing in a search word incorrectly [that's why I'd never found it before], but I sure do love it!!)

Almost 3,800 ounces in the last shot--fines are in the large plastic bags. 100 miles north of the Arctic Circle!

All the best,

Lanny

P.S. I posted it with my beginner's thread as well, but it's so great it deserves it's own place too.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Last edited:
Upvote 2
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Remember we were talking about if all the gold was found.
I think these guys found the rest of it.
That is amazing.
That makes my Piddly 30 piece cleanups look a little inadequate.
It's good to know there are still glory holes out there.:goldpan:

Always feel good about your clean-ups--it means you're doing things right, and one day you'll get a nice clean-up with some big stuff in it. And, yes, it is great to know the glory holes are still out there--I heartily agree.

All the best,

Lanny

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
~Drools~ Now I gotta get out and do some prospecting! :D

Thanks for posting that video.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No Lanny, didn't make me hold my breath. Just made me CRY alot! Damn! I need a spot where I pick out the bigguns' for show..... from a huge pile! Tnx, to say the least. TTC

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dumbstruck is what I am! Congrats Lanny,that's a beautiful sight.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: That was good watchin......its still out there to be found.....much in Calif never will as long as the current regime stays in place....

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It sure does get the blood moving that's for sure! Thanks for sharing.

Doug.

The blood movin', the blood pumpin', the blood roarin'--you're absolutely right on the money!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
~Drools~ Now I gotta get out and do some prospecting! :D

Thanks for posting that video.

I hear you loud and clear. It's snowing hard today, the wind is blowing and the snow's drifting. I'd love to be out chasin' the gold too.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No Lanny, didn't make me hold my breath. Just made me CRY alot! Damn! I need a spot where I pick out the bigguns' for show..... from a huge pile! Tnx, to say the least. TTC

We all need a spot like that. I don't even care if they let me keep any--I'd just love to cradle some of those beauties in my hand for a while. Years ago in the wilds of British Columbia, I got to play with a six-ounce beauty for a while. I was there when they found it. The dang thing worked its way through a hole in the screen on the shaker deck because one of the screen bars was broke. That's the only reason it dropped to the header plate didn't skid right off the shaker into the tailings pile! But man, it was so fun holding that thing and drooling! The big ones in the video are heftier than the one I'm talking about, but I'd still love to heft those beautiful nuggets for a bit.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dumbstruck is what I am! Congrats Lanny,that's a beautiful sight.

Glad you dropped in for a peak. I hope you understand that the gold isn't mine--I just stumbled across the video by mistake, that's why I'd never seen it before, but I had to post it because its awesome power is out of this world!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:thumbsup: That was good watchin......its still out there to be found.....much in Calif never will as long as the current regime stays in place....

Thanks for the thumbs up, and thanks for watching. I'm sad California is stopping so many deserving people from enjoying their Federal rights to chase the gold--it's sad indeed.

All the best,

Lanny

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing that video just reminded of all the fun I have when I'm out detecting/prospecting/sluicing/panning and I'm finding a little bit. There was one shot of a bunch of mud and then the yellow gold color started to show through, I left eyeball prints on my computer screen. Awesome share, thank you Lanny.....63bkpkr

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lanny in AB said:
Glad you dropped in for a peak. I hope you understand that the gold isn't mine--I just stumbled across the video by mistake, that's why I'd never seen it before, but I had to post it because its awesome power is out of this world!

All the best,

Lanny

Haha,I was speed reading I guess. Still , the video is neat.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wondering if I even should watch the video :icon_scratch: You folks are scareing me.
Think I'll wait until my wife comes home and watch it with her ....... Not sure I want to view it alone :tongue3:

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seeing that video just reminded of all the fun I have when I'm out detecting/prospecting/sluicing/panning and I'm finding a little bit. There was one shot of a bunch of mud and then the yellow gold color started to show through, I left eyeball prints on my computer screen. Awesome share, thank you Lanny.....63bkpkr

Great to hear from you again!! I actually think I had to check to see if I was still breathing, so I can imagine why your eyeballs hit the screen! I've watched it a bunch of times, and it just doesn't get old.

Thanks for dropping in--great to know that you're still checking in to see what's happening.

All the best,

Lanny

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man,
I could spend the rest of my life there! Beautiful scenery and outstanding nuggets.
Thanks for the video.
Steve

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am wondering if I even should watch the video :icon_scratch: You folks are scareing me.
Think I'll wait until my wife comes home and watch it with her ....... Not sure I want to view it alone :tongue3:

It probably is a good idea--especially if she loves beautiful gold!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread