dowser Silver Member Joined Jul 13, 2005 Messages 2,619 Reaction score 1,415 Golden Thread 0 Location USA Detector(s) used MINELAB 2100, L-Rods Primary Interest: Other Aug 22, 2025 Thread Owner #1 I've never seen this species of butterfly before. It's a bit larger than a Monarch, kinda Gold markings on brown, does anyone recognize it? Attachments IMG_20250822_141014345.webp 601.5 KB · Views: 54 IMG_20250822_140352614.webp 706.4 KB · Views: 50 IMG_20250822_140902722.webp 657 KB · Views: 48
I've never seen this species of butterfly before. It's a bit larger than a Monarch, kinda Gold markings on brown, does anyone recognize it?
Sandog Bronze Member Joined Nov 27, 2017 Messages 2,219 Reaction score 5,574 Golden Thread 0 Location Treasure coast Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 22, 2025 #2 Don't know his name, but they hung out in the same bush at our cabin in NC.
dowser Silver Member Joined Jul 13, 2005 Messages 2,619 Reaction score 1,415 Golden Thread 0 Location USA Detector(s) used MINELAB 2100, L-Rods Primary Interest: Other Aug 22, 2025 Thread Owner #3 I found a pic, it's called a Morning cloak. It's the biggest butterfly I've ever seen, they call medium. They must grow bigger up here. Attachments Screenshot_20250822-142722.Google~2.webp 53.9 KB · Views: 54
I found a pic, it's called a Morning cloak. It's the biggest butterfly I've ever seen, they call medium. They must grow bigger up here.
dowser Silver Member Joined Jul 13, 2005 Messages 2,619 Reaction score 1,415 Golden Thread 0 Location USA Detector(s) used MINELAB 2100, L-Rods Primary Interest: Other Aug 22, 2025 Thread Owner #4 Actually its pattern matches the Giant Swallowtail. Attachments Screenshot_20250822-143905.YouTube~2.webp 29.8 KB · Views: 48 IMG_20250822_140352614.webp 706.4 KB · Views: 44