What's new

"BIG" gold! and I mean BIG hehe!! at least for me it is!

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Messages
1,306
Reaction score
684
Golden Thread
1
Location
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATED: "BIG" gold! and I mean BIG hehe!! at least for me it is!

UPDATE: an Ave. mens bracelet is 7 1/2 in. mine is 8 3/4 in. considered 3x large... added more pics and a person on another forum told me that the banded links are a copyrighted band from tiffany... so it may be a tiffany bracelet, i see some marking in an obscure place on the piece they look very worn my eyes are bad even with glasses and i cant see what it says lol I will try to get a pic.

This the biggest and most amount of gold I have found at one time, It was completely unexpected a friend and I were detecting for 3 hours and other than an old spoon and loads of shotgun shells nothing else was being found, We walk up this trail along a creek , we were hot, sweaty, and tired, he is a newbie and was getting frustrated and I was explaining to him we are in an area where good finds have been found in the past its an old area that's been heavily populated since the 1680's and there's always a possibility to find something good... 10 ft later I get another perfect shotgun shell reading on my Whites DFX 300 it was bouncing between 18-20 on my VDI and for some reason on this day the shotgun shells were mostly in that same VDI area, I looked at him and said "see here's another shotgun shell 2-3 inch down I'm tired, and hot but screw I'm gonna dig it anyway! you just never know" that is exactly what i said to him... he was only a few feet from me I dig the hole and right away I saw the gold... I looked at him and said OMG its gold!! as soon as I picked it up and it kept coming out the ground the first thing I realized was how heavy it was!!
I took it gold buyers first thing I told them its not for sale I just want to know weight and value, it is 77.76 grams 14k gold... they said its near $1800.00 in gold content alone. I took it to a local jeweler he said its at least 60-90 years old the style of the clamp hasn't been used since the mid 1950's... he said its not your standard men's bracelet that its a well made custom piece that is very expensive to reproduce. at this point I'm making plans to have it appraised.... he wouldn't give me a value but did say this to me which I thought was very interesting.. he told me if someone came in to his shop and ordered to have him custom make that exact bracelet because of how much gold, the uniqueness of the bracelet, and the time it would take him to design and make it he would charge no less than $12,000 to make the same style of bracelet.
Now for all you naysayer's out there I'm not saying its absolutely worth $12,000 but i sure like to dream... don't you!! and by the way I think its worth 12 million dollars!! ;)

All items found and kept are by permission from property owners.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2247.webp
    IMG_2247.webp
    56.6 KB · Views: 344
  • FullSizeRender(4).webp
    FullSizeRender(4).webp
    128.1 KB · Views: 340
  • FullSizeRender(5).webp
    FullSizeRender(5).webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 356
  • FullSizeRender(6).webp
    FullSizeRender(6).webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2736.webp
    IMG_2736.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Upvote 143
Nice big bling there!
 
Wow,, I remember those bracelet catches.
Apparently they weren't very secure.
77.76 gr. at 58% (14kt ), = $1,844.56 melt value.
That is an incredible find.
Congrats
 
Great find buddy!!!!! Congrats.... :occasion14:
 
^What he said!^ Congrats on all that bling!
 
great find! $1850 in gold is a pretty impressive haul.
 
Curious... what makes them think it's 60 to 90 years old? Looks like a standard box and tongue clasp
 
Hell ya!!!! That fires me up big time. Gold!! Gold!! Gold!! Fev!! Fev!! Fever!!!!!
 
That is one bodacious gold bracelet find and "congrats" - thanks for sharing your pictures and story with us.

Texas ED
 
That's a dream find...Congrats! I love it when a " trashy" signal turns out to be something much, much better when it comes out of the ground. You just never know..... HH
 
Holy crap, I'm getting gold fever reading this thread! Awesome find man
 
Holey Moley! Nice find!!
 
I think this find would look great on the Banner up above. Congrats!!
 
Congratualtions on the huge GOLD find! :notworthy:
 
Wowee! Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom