Big storm on the treasure coast..who all is going there?

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The beaches aren't cutting yet. There's a good chance it won't get to the good stuff. They've put tons of sand on it over the years. We need about 12 days of what we're getting to get the beaches right.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I hit Jupiter beach today. Still not eroded enough. Two or three more hide tides should do the trick. Monica and I may be up in Wabasso on Saturday morning. detecting Sandy 01.jpg detecting Sandy 07.jpg detecting Sandy 02.jpg detecting Sandy 03.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
scubaozzy

scubaozzy

Aug 20, 2007
Tavares,FL.
Detector(s) used
minelab excal.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes, i figured these next few days should be better than the last few months. News report said they are allready getting the fill/sand trucks ready. I expect they will wait until the storm is long gone before they start dumping.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been out all day checking treasure spots from Brevard down to South Vero... no decent erosion anywhere yet... some low spots but the winds have all been East so far so dont waste your gas. Maybe over the next two days things will change. Everyone should stay home cause there's nothing to see here... :dontknow: I'll be sure to let you know if its worth coming out to hunt... hehehe! :laughing7:

OP
OP
scubaozzy

scubaozzy

Aug 20, 2007
Tavares,FL.
Detector(s) used
minelab excal.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I will wait for the o.k P/F. Thanks for looking out for us..haha!

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder what the New Hampshire coastal beaches will look like after Sandy.

Anita

th2011

Jan 1, 2011
Murphy, NC
Detector(s) used
CZ-20
Beach Hunting

I will wait for the o.k P/F. Thanks for looking out for us..haha!

I am located in North Carolina, 10 hrs drive to Treasure Coast. I was wondering if the the beaches are cutting this Friday morning? I need some info in order to make decision to travel this morning. I am watching the beach Web Cams and its show winds gusting to 30 MPH, from the N.E.. This looks like to correct conditions, but need some confirmation.

Thank you all.

Ed

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I am located in North Carolina, 10 hrs drive to Treasure Coast. I was wondering if the the beaches are cutting this Friday morning? I need some info in order to make decision to travel this morning. I am watching the beach Web Cams and its show winds gusting to 30 MPH, from the N.E.. This looks like to correct conditions, but need some confirmation.

Thank you all.

Ed

ED, other than someone relaying the information on TNet, you should check the Treasure Beaches Report blog that BCH linked to earlier in the thread. For me, it is a daily read.

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Last two days in SE Fla hasn't cut beaches-just sloping erosion. See my post on Hillsboro for Wednesday. Yesterday, did not get out to local beach till after low tide, because I had to pick up wife from airport--flying in from a business trip. I hunted till 6:30ish. I hunted the wet sand and avoided the water because the tide was coming in with the surge. When I first arrived, wind and rain uncovered every piece of trash on the flat part of the beach where people lounge. It would have been easy to eyeball finds--I did so on a few coins in just one area. Mostly, I was getting coins at the top of the slopes-no jewelry and no old coins. When squaw hit, it gusted 40-50mph, and now came from due east. It began bringing in sand and it pushed waves up over 50% of beach. My poncho would not stay snapped so I gave up, took it off and tucked it around my web belt. I had to hunker down the back side of a lifeguard stand until it let up a bit. It rained hard and it rained sideways. BTW-- Wanted to be at Boca or Jupiter Beach this am but I must work tonight, thus reversing my days back to nights until my next few days off. Hence, gotta sleep today.

OP
OP
scubaozzy

scubaozzy

Aug 20, 2007
Tavares,FL.
Detector(s) used
minelab excal.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am here and would say wait till Saturday. Sand is moving out but the wind is keeping the surf up. Once the storm passes the wind should shift and pull the water back so we can get to the cuts.

ou8acracker2

Apr 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was down there about an hour ago with a flashlight looking for cuts...there isnt any. The beach was sloping but there was not any cuts I could see and that was about at low tide. Maybe when it FULLY goes back out and pounds the beach for a day at high tide you might get some.

All the salvage guys with leases need to get out there after the storm clears dirty water or not...theres alot of sand moved around on those reefs, thats for sure

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I was told and saw in the news, all Indian river county parks and beach accesses are closed and the police are checking the areas and telling people to get off the beach for their own safety due to high surf...

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been up and down the tc this morning... Hunters stacked up deep but so is the sand! All the wave action is doing is knocking down the dunes and laying it down on top... Sand is soft and deep. Might be a few spots that get low enough... But not looking pretty. Good luck to everyone... Hope someone comes up with some goodies.

1wizard1

Oct 25, 2012
Jax, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Uhg.. waiting on my BountyHunter from FedEx, and watching storms closely here in North Florida-Jacksonville.. was supposed to be here yesterday.. im sweating with anticipation knowing i could be at the beach right now.. anyone been out there yet? or any beaches close to Jax?

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Pics from Jupiter beach and Carlin Park area yesterday. Better erosion. Quite a few hunters here.
ds 03.jpg ds 12.jpg ds 11.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
scubaozzy

scubaozzy

Aug 20, 2007
Tavares,FL.
Detector(s) used
minelab excal.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jupiter pics/area looks way better than further up North. Like mentioned earlier..in Sebastion area the sand is down but no cuts that i could see anywhere.

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
Been a while since I've logged in here or metal detected, but SANDY is really making me think about making a trip across the coast!!!
HH
-spyguy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread