Birthday ideas...can any experienced hunters help me? :)

sita

Jul 9, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello there

I was wondering if any members would be kind enough to assist me.

Boyfriend loves to treasure hunt. Always on the look out for goodies. For example, throwing magnets into lakes/canals (and dragging up mostly junk). Also, he loves metal detecting (some good Roman finds here) and just floor watching 😂 I.E walking with eyes scanning the floor (again - good finds, money, jewellery, mobile phones (which he always hands in to the police)).

Does anyone have any ideas on gift ideas for such a man? He doesn’t like to go in the water to hunt (a gent suggested I get him a good mask for going underwater which wouldn’t be appropriate).

Can you think of anything in your treasure hunting kit that I should get him? He doesn’t have much equipment. I was considering a good pair of gloves, a knife 🤔 not sure what else he would need....or what a great present could be for a treasure hunter....

Thank you so much ❤️Xx

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This might sound unexciting but my wife got me a display case for Christmas. It's something I had been wanting but wouldn't ever get myself. I love being able to look at my stuff set out nicely instead of hiding it in boxes and drawers. A coin tumbler. I still don't have one but you can clean up all sorts of finds by tumbling them. Really want one. There are so many little cheap tools that you can get for the coins. I bought myself a caliper and coin scale and a magnifying glass. Andre's pencils for cleaning. There are some really nice reference books out there. Outdoor gear... boots, gloves, hats. So much handy stuff to protect yourself from the elements. Good luck!

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:hello:

OP
OP
S

sita

Jul 9, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This might sound unexciting but my wife got me a display case for Christmas. It's something I had been wanting but wouldn't ever get myself. I love being able to look at my stuff set out nicely instead of hiding it in boxes and drawers. A coin tumbler. I still don't have one but you can clean up all sorts of finds by tumbling them. Really want one. There are so many little cheap tools that you can get for the coins. I bought myself a caliper and coin scale and a magnifying glass. Andre's pencils for cleaning. There are some really nice reference books out there. Outdoor gear... boots, gloves, hats. So much handy stuff to protect yourself from the elements. Good luck!

This really is so helpful! Thank you so much for sharing this! Some fab ideas there - would never have considered many of your suggestions! 😃😃😃😃😃 Xx

OP
OP
S

sita

Jul 9, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much! :-) xx

rebbel31

Aug 1, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Xp deus, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A nice coin book to put all his special coins in. Or if you can tell us what equipment he has we can offer sensible upgrades.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A pin pointer would be nice. I also agree with the display case idea, as I am one to display all of my finds. My wife enjoys going to sales and surprising me with vintage cases for my items. New display cases are also nice, but the vintage ones go with our theme (old ) ! Depending on where he hunts, a good pair of boots also come in handy. My wife has also purchased for me in the past, a subscription to American Digger magazine. It has nothing to do with actual equipment for his hunts, but if he is like myself, he will also enjoy reading the magazine and seeing everyone else's finds. Gloves, knives, trash pouches, all good ideas.

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell him you've hidden a gold coin "somewhere on your body" and he gets a hour to find it. ;)

Send the kiddos to the sitter and dress up ala cos-play and watch a good action movie with him.

Purchase a personal birthday message from Nicholas Cage in a National Treasure theme.

Or, do all three!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
If he doesn't have a pinpointer and he goes metal detecting, he needs one. I suggest the Garrett carrot from a forum sponsored dealer.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

IMHO: A Pin Pointer, good gloves and digging tools.

Doc

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A map, custom copper dowsing rods, and a crystal on a string?

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Find a place off of the beaten path, secure permission to metal detect at lodging, plan a few days away and enjoy yourselves

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread