What's new

Bison Skull Find in Iowa

Jarl

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2012
Messages
822
Reaction score
739
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am posting a link to the Gazette article from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, about a group that found a Bison skull while fishing along the Cedar River. Man this was a really cool find in my opinion. I have scoured the banks of the Cedar off and on for years, have found some neat things but nothing quite like this. I just hope they give it over to a museum in this state. I feel that is where it belongs.

Fishing teens find 5,000-year-old bison skull in downtown Cedar Rapids | TheGazette
 
OMGoodness! I can imagine his victory dance
 
That is a nice find, I bet those two will never forget experience of the find.
 
That is a great find. I hope that the University some how is grateful to these young guys (maybe discount tuition). I would definitely doing the happy dance.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom