What's new

Black Sand!

surfnturf

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
1,449
Reaction score
3,342
Golden Thread
2
Location
Gray Lady
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
X/CAL,DEUS Il….
Stealth 720i hybrd extreme Knox 900 Fisher AQ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I see black sand, I get real happy, but if you don’t have the right machine, you are definitely going to be limited and maybe zero!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5011.webp
    IMG_5011.webp
    656.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_5010.webp
    IMG_5010.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
  • 79919856421__826A4CDF-3F0B-48A4-A7A0-52F47CAAB7C0.webp
    79919856421__826A4CDF-3F0B-48A4-A7A0-52F47CAAB7C0.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
When I see black sand, I get real happy, but if you don’t have the right machine, you are definitely going to be limited and maybe zero!
Same here when I hunted the ocean, I would look for the black veins and below that would be the target lane most of the time. Yours looks like heavy black sand..Wow!

Nice treasures!!
 
Same thing holds true when I walk the beach for fossils/shark teeth in my area. When I see areas with black oyster shells on the surface I slow down as that is a fossil layer that has been exposed IMO.
 
I hunted yesterday in the black sand area of the surf. For 2 1/2 hours. Found a quarter and a penny. But then, I'm at a detected-out beach, so there's not much to find there anyway. I was lucky to walk away with twenty-six cents.
 
Some times I have to back off on power/sensitivity when black sand dominates!
AQ will be a great addition to my hunting scope!
 
I hunted yesterday in the black sand area of the surf. For 2 1/2 hours. Found a quarter and a penny. But then, I'm at a detected-out beach, so there's not much to find there anyway. I was lucky to walk away with twenty-six cents.
It’s a good sign the beach has had some recent agitation! However does not guarantee anything!
 
Same here when I hunted the ocean, I would look for the black veins and below that would be the target lane most of the time. Yours looks like heavy black sand..Wow!

Nice treasures!!
 
Yes, sir, sometimes 3 to 4 inches other times 1 inch 3 inches of blonde and then another two or 3 inches of black🏴‍☠️
 
Some times I have to back off on power/sensitivity when black sand dominates!
AQ will be a great addition to my hunting scope!
Oh, and by the way, the 900 kicks ass for someone who’s a beginner immediate this is an absolute next step to expert. Nobody sponsors me. It’s my own personal opinion.🏴‍☠
This summer, I will learn the AQ and work with the D2 new coil. Give the 900 back to my son maybe😂🏴‍☠️!!
 
Black sand occurs everywhere right!!!
Everywhere because it is everywhere!!
Black sand is a precursor to gold yellow cheddar Yum Yum!!! it will hold the heavy!
Unfortunately, I have gone out expecting to find a chest load of treasure in the black sand and have found nothing so that being said it’s hit or miss but I’d rather hit the black sand than miss it!!!!!!
 
If any manufacturers want to send me a Detector to test out for them on some black sand, let me know!
SnT
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2572.webp
    IMG_2572.webp
    5.7 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2708.webp
    IMG_2708.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4056.webp
    IMG_4056.webp
    3.7 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4916.webp
    IMG_4916.webp
    4.9 MB · Views: 73
If any manufacturers want to send me a Detector to test out for them on some black sand, let me know!

I hunted yesterday in the black sand area of the surf. For 2 1/2 hours. Found a quarter and a penny. But then, I'm at a detected-out beach, so there's not much to find there anyway. I was lucky to walk away with twenty-six cents.
Hey crunch, if you see black sand, scope it out slow down go low and slow. Listen to every little tiny tweak and you might get lucky there better than the soft yellow sand.
 
Solid🤩!!
 
It’s a good sign the beach has had some recent agitation! However does not guarantee anything!
Right after our last nor'easter, wife and I went down to DE to spend a couple nights, That's the trip where I got really sick with a sinus infection and bronchitis, and could only hunt 3 hours 1st day, but could only muster 2 hours next day before my body gave out and I had to head back to the hotel. But on that second day, I was able to score multiple coins and a 925 ring with stones around the band.

The night before, after we checked into the hotel, we had about an hour left of daylight, so wife and I took the dog up to one of the beaches on a recon trip and saw just a wee little bit of black sand, lol, as well as a wooden structure the storm must have thrown up on the beach.
 

Attachments

  • 20251014_180057.webp
    20251014_180057.webp
    2.9 MB · Views: 50
  • 20251014_180113.webp
    20251014_180113.webp
    3.4 MB · Views: 55
  • 20251014_180133.webp
    20251014_180133.webp
    3.6 MB · Views: 48
  • 20251014_180136.webp
    20251014_180136.webp
    3.2 MB · Views: 46

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom