What's new

Blob top bottle found at work today

mwb76

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2011
Messages
50
Reaction score
99
Golden Thread
0
Location
chester county pa
Detector(s) used
whites xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had 5 mins at work today took a quick walk in the woods to look around this is what I found was found just a few miles outside of philadphia in Wynnewood pa
 

Attachments

  • 1458256537445.webp
    1458256537445.webp
    41 KB · Views: 174
Upvote 36
Bottle reads peter serwazi manayunk pa
 
Congratualtions on the cool bottle find!
 
Squat soda nice bottle . show a picture of the base and i'll date it for you.
 
Here's base I would date it around 1870
 

Attachments

  • 1458259319159.webp
    1458259319159.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 154
Here is back reads this bottle is not to be sold
 

Attachments

  • 1458259371069.webp
    1458259371069.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 117
That's a nice find
 
I think the 'not to be sold' brings it into the 1880s, most of the tall blobs had that on the backs too... That's a really cool find!! Been a few years since I found some good older glass like that! Congrats, and hope you look and find more there!!!
 
Here's base I would date it around 1870

Yup I agree. Just wanted to see since the older soda's are iron-pontiled (which yours is not). Used to dig a lot of this type of soda's in privies. There are many local varieties and the most common color is aqua like yours. Congrats on a nice find.
 
That is a sweet one!

~Blaze
 
Nice bottle, funny, last week while I was mixing in potting soil to my garden soil I saw a "rock" come out of the Miracle Gro Potting Soil bag and picked it up to discover it was a stopper for a blob type beer or possibly a soda bottle. It would be nice to find a bottle to match the top up with! :) Looks like that company must make their Potting soil from Philly trash. :)
 

Attachments

  • beer bottle stopper.webp
    beer bottle stopper.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 138
Love those aqua blobs and how neat that just wandering around in the woods you found such a neat bottle.
 
Nice bottle, funny, last week while I was mixing in potting soil to my garden soil I saw a "rock" come out of the Miracle Gro Potting Soil bag and picked it up to discover it was a stopper for a blob type beer or possibly a soda bottle. It would be nice to find a bottle to match the top up with! :) Looks like that company must make their Potting soil from Philly trash. :)

That was in a bag of soil???? lol
 
Funny Don in sj maybe we should start metal detecting bags of soil
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom