Brass latch thingy?

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Found this in the yard yesterday, all brass except for maybe the round knob. Has the letters MLC (may be a G) stamped on the back. Moves (or used to) in two places on the latch part. Any ideas on what it is and or what it was used for? Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• latch2.jpg
    latch2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 831

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D :D :D I am guessing a louver type....1 louver...doesnt look like there was an "arm" attachment to open more than 1 also Im guessing the round lift part may have been the attachment point of the louver! Only a guess...happy hunt!

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope it is this thingy was falling off the board so last night I got to looking again and today I found this pic...still looking! I think the theory of how it works is there or close to it...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Thanks for all you help. I was about to say they are brass knuckles. Cuz....I leave work in the dark and some pretty scarry characters around there, walking to my car in the dark I hold the latch thingy in my hand and LOL, Brass Knuckles!

Upvote 0
D

DEMON

BRASS ONLY USED AS SELF LUBE PROPERTIES, OR FOR SHOW ITEMS,USED IN CLEAN INVIRMENT . THEY NORMALLY NEED REPLACING A LOT

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DEMON said:
BRASS ONLY USED AS SELF LUBE PROPERTIES, OR FOR SHOW ITEMS,USED IN CLEAN INVIRMENT . THEY NORMALLY NEED REPLACING A LOT
[/q]How about a brass part half "plated"metal handle for the interior breaker box of older days?

Upvote 0
D

DEMON

rgr brass has unite quallities normally as a switching devise as per once a min or more

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im thinking... he's thinking in Electrical terms?? Im just as much stuped but I think that this latch/thinky just might be what I said in the beginning/as others have also....some type of contact lever for a transformer (a small one) like for a model train control......dah I have no idea!

Upvote 0
D

DEMON

i hope to get to steam show in bridton ont canada next fall but seems awfully fimilary

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want one of those...... It is beautiful.....It is brass and the contraption on the top looks like the size that you are speaking of doesnt it? Is this a web pic or is it yours? CONGRADULATIONS THAT'S IT

Attachments

• wash.jpg
    wash.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 0
OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Michelle said:
I want one of those...... It is beautiful.....It is brass and the contraption on the top looks like the size that you are speaking of doesnt it? Is this a web pic or is it yours?
I wish it was mine! I was looking at hit or miss engines for this darn brass thingy and low and behold at the bottom is a "Busy Girl" washer with all this shinny metal on it. I enlarged and I'll be dipped now that is very close. Can not find any others with brass but I'll keep looking.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread