What's new

brass peice with ambrudge & fry need id

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
1,263
Reaction score
685
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what this thing is I found it saturday it has two holes in it and has ambridge & fry prilal or something close to that on it ... its solid brass anybody got any idea's ... and the holes are threading and also has a slit striaght through the side ...
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20120812_084230.webp
    IMG_20120812_084230.webp
    253.7 KB · Views: 105
I found an item very similar to that but made of zinc. Folks on the forum helped identify it as probably a carburetor linkage piece off of a tractor or other engine-powered farm implement. Best of luck, brass is brass! Sub
 
Upvote 0
It looks very similar to a steering tie rod joint. Because it's brass maybe from a boat?
Here are some newer versions...
118B-531.webp
 
Upvote 0
I notice that your mystery-object's slotted "shaft" is slightly tapered ...like many kinds of tap and valve-bodies. So that is what I think it is.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom