What's new

Brass Relics???

OutBack Duo

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
925
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a couple brass buckles, bullet mold, spur and other odds and ends in a display case. Should I be concerned about them just sitting in the display case with no sealant or protectant on them? I have noticed they look kinda Blah and not as preserved as when I found them.

Should I put a coat of mineral oil on them?
 
Lead shouldn't be an issue, and I gather by blah you mean the brass looks dried out? Just experiment with some clear sealer whether it be wax, something oil based, or whether, to see if you like the look. I tend to leave most alone, but the condition is ok. Salt water finds would need more care.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom