Briitish Rev Camp finds

cmthunder

Mar 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some other items I found including 30th regiment of Foot button. IMG_0452[1].JPG IMG_0453[1].JPG IMG_0465[1].JPG IMG_0467[1].JPG IMG_0452[1].JPG IMG_0453[1].JPG IMG_0465[1].JPG View attachment 764 IMG_0465[1].JPG IMG_0467[1].JPG IMG_0452[1].JPG 211[/ATTACH]

Last edited:
Upvote 4

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyway you can clean that "30" button up and get a better photo of it? Kewl finds!

OP
OP
cmthunder

cmthunder

Mar 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah my picture taking is lacking i am still trying to figure this site out

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
cmthunder

cmthunder

Mar 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the help Crusader

OP
OP
cmthunder

cmthunder

Mar 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Stonewall, my relatives where in 7th VA Cavalry Laurel Brigade, 33rd VA Infantry Stonewall Brigade, and 17th VA Infantry to name few all from Valley area.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No probs, its IP with the biggest knowledge but the Rev would have put us all straight.

Books are the biggest knowledge. :) I knew that one would be French but believe me when I say there's more I'm lost on than I know. But that seems to be the case for almost anyone because they tend to stick to what interests them the most.

crazyfish

Jul 20, 2010
What part of Maryland are you detecting cmthunder? Those are some great finds! Welcome fellow Maryland'er

OP
OP
cmthunder

cmthunder

Mar 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My biggest interest is Civil War but Revolutionary camp site is in area so I try that sometimes. Thanks to IP and Crusader for help on this one. I am totally corrected because its a American/French Camp site. The British were already at Yorktown VA. I am educated now and the French button makes total sense. Thanks again!!!

OP
OP
cmthunder

cmthunder

Mar 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detect all over state and others close by.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My biggest interest is Civil War but Revolutionary camp site is in area so I try that sometimes. Thanks to IP and Crusader for help on this one. I am totally corrected because its a American/French Camp site. The British were already at Yorktown VA. I am educated now and the French button makes total sense. Thanks again!!!

But even if that wasn't the case, the more you detect the more you'll see items turn up where you wouldn't expect them to be. Years ago a friend found a USA pewter at a Loyalist home site. That might not seem odd until I add that it was way up North here in Canada where many Loyalists and British came after the war. They obviously took the coat, or at least the button, the many hundreds of miles they traveled to get here. The site he was hunting was definitely a soldier settled site with many Loyalist and Brit. buttons, and the single USA. I've never heard or seen anything like that again up here and it was about 12 years ago it happened.

OP
OP
cmthunder

cmthunder

Mar 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch need help found another button at same site as 30 French button odd button 2 sides with material in between, looks like 7 in circle Rev button #7 006.JPG Rev button #7 005.JPG revolutionary button 7 011.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread