What's new

British coin id

creeper71

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
2,936
Reaction score
63
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Central PA
I bought this coin on the very cheap.. I am wondering if someone can Id the front an see if they can get the date???
 

Attachments

  • britishhalfcentwayne 001.webp
    britishhalfcentwayne 001.webp
    48.7 KB · Views: 284
  • britishhalfcentwayne 002.webp
    britishhalfcentwayne 002.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 281
  • britishhalfcentwayne 003.webp
    britishhalfcentwayne 003.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 284
  • britishhalfcentwayne 004.webp
    britishhalfcentwayne 004.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 282
I think it may be a 1774 George III halfpenny. You might be able to get the date clearer - maybe just try a little soap and water and rub with your thumb. I would also use a bit of baking soda but I get in trouble here sometimes for my cleaning techniques :D
 
Upvote 0
looks counterfeit
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
creeper71 said:
CRUSADER said:
creeper71 said:
Dig em all said:
I think but can't see for sure the head is facing to the right if so it can't be the coin in the link above
Head right for sure, Geo III counterfiet
if I give weight an diameter could you tell if it is counterfeit? it is a very thin coin

it would help someone (Don or IP), I'm going by look & feel. The rev head is high & poorly defined, probably a 1775 counterfiet.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
creeper71 said:
CRUSADER said:
creeper71 said:
Dig em all said:
I think but can't see for sure the head is facing to the right if so it can't be the coin in the link above
Head right for sure, Geo III counterfiet
if I give weight an diameter could you tell if it is counterfeit? it is a very thin coin

it would help someone (Don or IP), I'm going by look & feel. The rev head is high & poorly defined, probably a 1775 counterfiet.

Yuppers, the vast majority of KGIII's are dated 1775 if readable, 1773 second commonest, I cannot tell the date but almost 100% of all KGIII's I have ever seen posted on the forums found in the states are counterfeits. (Ground founds) I have seen one regal posted here a year or so ago....

Don
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom