What's new

Broken end of a scraper??

-=METAL=-

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2013
Messages
295
Reaction score
183
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. I found this and it appears to be worked on both sides to a sharp edge. Could this be the broken end of a scraper, or maybe a knife?

20140121_133516.webp20140121_133654.webp
 
Upvote 0
Here ya go.
20140121_151034.webp
 
Hey -=Metal=-, i'm sorry I still cant tell, but from what I see it looks like the bottom or base of an "Adena" from what I can see. I could be, but made into a scraper.
 
Sweet, been wondering. Thank you for the info.
 
Sometimes it's hard to ID something just by looking on a web page. I have the new "13th edition Overstreet ID & Price Guide" and I can usually ID from this book pretty good, but sometimes it's hard. Maybe others can be of better help.
 
I think Totsuwa said it right it looks like the stem of a point of some type. Good eyes:icon_thumleft:
 
I don't think there is any doubt that is the base of something stemmed.
 
Base of a point
 
Thanks everyone, you guys are awesome.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom