What's new

Buckle buttons and large copper

trapperart

Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
16,165
Reaction score
13,042
Golden Thread
2
Location
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found these in a pasture today. The copper is toast, but it's old. It was a great weather day here in Md. Good luck to all. Art
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0129.webp
    DSC_0129.webp
    229.6 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 14
That was a great hunt! Is that musket ball "pulled?" Sub 8-)
 
Any idea what the item near the top with the hole at each end and the arch in the middle is? found one of these not to long ago and have a couple guesses but not sure. Congrats on your finds!
 
Any idea what the item near the top with the hole at each end and the arch in the middle is? found one of these not to long ago and have a couple guesses but not sure. Congrats on your finds!

I have no idea. What are your guesses?
 
My guesses were maybe from the side of a rifle or an earlier window or gate lock?? really not sure maybe someone will see and fill us in.
 
pretty sweet finds, I'd say. I can't believe that tiny button still has the super thin little loop still attached. very nice. WTG!
 
I have a lot of respect for ANYTHING found in a farm field! Lots o work!

Is it me or do I see what looks like a bust on the copper? Kinda looks upside down. :dontknow:
 
I have a lot of respect for ANYTHING found in a farm field! Lots o work!

Is it me or do I see what looks like a bust on the copper? Kinda looks upside down. :dontknow:

I thought I saw a man's head when I dug it, but it got worse after cleaning
 
Is it a liberty bust half cent? Looks like I can see the pole??
 
That's good day in the field. Looks like a site with good potential.
 
I see some nice buttons there
 
WHAT A DAY YOU HAD!!!! FANTASTIC FINDS!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom