What's new

Buggin Out

Yea but you have to remember that you got the rabbit when he returned to the spot you jumped him! Frank
 

Attachments

  • hand print-2_edited-5.webp
    hand print-2_edited-5.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 142
No, they stayed in the brush 'til the last second and then spooked. Had they stayed hidden I would have walked right past them.
 
I think it all depends on your location,if youre near a major city,its time to get out.
 
My 2 sons and I have connecting properties outside of town. We have about everything we would need to last a considerable amount of time except for needed medicines which we are looking into. We don't really expect a huge emergency but we are preparing for it should it happen. It has become sort of a fun hobby trying to think of everything we might need and then doing it. Some of this "Doomsday Prepper" stuff is a little over the top for us, we just don't want to be caught helpless and depending on someone else to take care of us.
 
Its always better to be safe than sorry.Depending on yourself is definitely the way to go.I depend on nobody,usually if you do youre in for a let down.Pick up a few books too while youre at it,if you havent already.A series of books called the foxfire cook books are excellent.Everything in them from curing a headache to building a still,complete with recipes.Just about everything you can imagine.Also some excellent source material is the Mother Earth News.I dont know if they are still published but i imagine it isnt to hard to find a collection someplace.
 
Mother Earth is still being published. As a matter of fact, right now they have CDs on sale that contain information from past issues.
 
Packerbacker, -- Yea, I have Mother delivered.
-- What no Beagle!!05942v.webp
 
yea frankn, I was thinking about that too. They have an offer going now for $10 you get a subscription of 6 copies. Would make great "waiting room" reading. :)
 
Last edited:
They had a good article on solar water heaters. I am building one now. Frank
 

Attachments

  • 05290v.webp
    05290v.webp
    156.4 KB · Views: 90
I'm really surprised at the response to this thread....
I thought that I might have been "paranoid" by thinking about this topic.
I'm glad to know that others are like-minded.

I appreciate everyone's contributions and ideas to supplement lapses in my own planning....

Perhaps the thought of living off the land and being able to survive without a freaking iphone, etc. is what appeals to me.
(We all know that the "grid" will be the first thing to be destroyed, right?)

I love to camp and hike, and for the last few years that I have camped, I'm always pushing the envelope closer
each outing to total survival with the least amount of "supplies."

Some have mentioned certain weaponry, including myself, some have mentioned others/family members who are part of an inner circle, some have offered books and/or websites that are of interest, and I'm a strong voice for knowledge....but,

No one has spoken of "drills," "test-runs," etc. and your experiences from such activity.
I'm a firm believer in experience; The more you do something, the better that you get.

Anyone "run drills?"

Best,
Scott
 
Last edited:
Anyone "run drills?"

Best,
Scott

Absolutely.
We treat it like a game.

I think if you view prepping as a "hobby" as opposed to an obsession, you will be smoother.
I make it fun.
 
Absolutely.
We treat it like a game.

I think if you view prepping as a "hobby" as opposed to an obsession, you will be smoother.
I make it fun.

When you say, "We," I have no idea of whom you speak of.
Are there children involved?
Then, possibly a "game" is the right tack.

But, always make sure that they understand that it might be for real.

If adults are a part of the "we," well, then, the same rules apply.
And for all, do not treat the activity as some "reality show" from TV.
'Cause it ain't and what you learn might just save your life.

Of course y'all knew this.
Sorry, just stating the obvious....

Best,
Scott
 
Last edited:
And for all, do not treat the activity as some "reality show" from TV.
'Cause it ain't and what you learn might just save your life.

Scott
Oh GOD no.
those shows piss me off.

I have two girls.
We'll be fine. ;)
 
How far can you big out if you can't get gas. When the roads are in grid lock where will you drive to.

A diesel motorcycle will run on any type of diesel, bio-diesel, or organic oil. It's agile for multiple terrains and can run without a battery. Won't go fast, but it can get up to 150mpg. My brother-in-law is planning on building one. I'm not a prepper--other than my brain and a refined set of backpacking gear--but if I were I'd have such a machine for a bug-out plan.
 
A diesel motorcycle will run on any type of diesel, bio-diesel, or organic oil. It's agile for multiple terrains. Won't go fast, but it can get up to 150mpg. My brother-in-law is planning on building one. I'm not a prepper--other than my brain and a refined set of backpacking gear--but if I were I'd have such a machine for a bug-out plan.

Short usage diesel (it will gum stuff up with prolonged usage) can be made with most types of waste or cooking oil, a separating agent (most ethyl alcohols, gas line antifreeze, above 90 proof alcohol or starting fluid) a few containers and heat. Diesel also stores well.
Diesel ANYTHINg is always a better bet.
It's not like it USED to be, with companies bung up waste cooking oil when they saw the dollar signs in bio diesel, but it's still a good idea.
 
No loner can survive. If you have never experienced a real panic, civil war, or social breakdown, you can read all the books and watch all the TV you want and it won't help you. The reality is stark, unforgiving and brutal.

Terry, A might challenge the idea of a "loner."

If you are a "people person," surely you will have difficulties. If you prefer to be a "loner," you will suceed.

I am of a "Loner" breed.
I rely upon no-one but myself, and I'm perfectly happy with only my own company. But, that's just me....

My Best,
Scott
 
A diesel motorcycle will run on any type of diesel, bio-diesel, or organic oil. It's agile for multiple terrains and can run without a battery. Won't go fast, but it can get up to 150mpg. My brother-in-law is planning on building one. I'm not a prepper--other than my brain and a refined set of backpacking gear--but if I were I'd have such a machine for a bug-out plan.

And.....you need to go where? On some type of internal (infernal) combustion engine?
Seems to me to be a concern that is not needed.
Great info, but....a one-time vehicle for conveying yourself to your protected area?

Do NOT rely upon electronics or fuel supplied appatatus as this thought will prove to be your loss....
I like to think of how to survive in "the wilderness," as a man on the Lewis and Clark's Journey....






Best,
Scott​
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom