What's new

Button from Hermann Goring trenches.

Matteo La Boccia

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2007
Messages
292
Reaction score
220
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This swedish button was find in german trenches (Hermann Goring and Wehrmacht troops) in Salerno's battlefield (sept. 1943). The german fought against USA troops. Some idea about it? Do german use swedish uniforms? Or it is a USA military button?



 
swedish made button clearly * germany is not far from sweden

some swedes might have been pro nazi and fought on the german side --althought "offically" sweden was nuetral
 
Upvote 0
I'm guessing German radio operator button WWII. Here is a similar shoulder patch:

ArmyRadioOperatorF.jpg


:icon_thumleft: Nice one!

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
I wish you could post a bigger picture. I cant even see it and I cant read anything in the tiny dark picture. What does it say? ???
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I wish you could post a bigger picture. I cant even see it and I cant read anything in the tiny dark picture. What does it say? ???

Click on the pic. It goes to a larger image.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
bigcypresshunter said:
I wish you could post a bigger picture. I cant even see it and I cant read anything in the tiny dark picture. What does it say? ???

Click on the pic. It goes to a larger image.

DCMatt
Ah, thanks. I learned somethin. ;D
 
Upvote 0
Very close Matt but not an exact match. Chances are it is a radio operated button. My research tells me that the C.C. SPORRONG & CO. STOCKHOLM backmark can also be found on Danish buttons. I dont know if this helps any. A Swedish/Danish radio operator button in Salerno? :icon_scratch:


Here is a link mentioning Swedens nuetrality during the war. Sweden supported Finland in their fight against Stalins aggressions. (Finland fought against Russia, as did the Nazis).
http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/sweden/swedenmain.shtml

When Finland was invaded by the Soviet Union in November of 1939, Sweden declared itself “non-belligerent” instead of “neutral” in the Finno-Russian war, as feelings for the sister country were strong as a result of hundreds of years of common history. The national efforts to help the Finnish people, under the motto “Finland’s cause is our cause!”, were mostly of a civilian character, but many Swedish volunteers fought side by side with the Finns against the Russians, and infantry weapons were shipped over the Baltic Sea.
 
Upvote 0
Yes, strange things are found on the battle field. I have a German wound badge taken from a dead German soldier in Italy in 1945. I got the story first hand about when and where it was taken (along with other items).

Two military collector dealers have verified the wound badge is... from World War One! :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

I can only speculate how it came to be pinned on a soldier nearly 30 years after the fact.

_______________________________________

I poked around a little more. I _can't_ find any reference to Sweden or Sporrong supplying the Germans with any militaria for any war.

This button could just as easily be from a civilian wireless or radio operator for a shipping line.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • buttons Swedish railway.webp
    buttons Swedish railway.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,294
  • button sweden sporrong.webp
    button sweden sporrong.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,307
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I ran across these Swedish SJ/Swedish State Railway buttons. Notice they have the similar lightning bolt arrows. http://pimpinett.livejournal.com/tag/buttons

Many thanks to everyone. Surely you helped me!! I hope we can understand the army had this button so to understand better his history. I'm not fluent in english, sorry for mistakes.
 
Upvote 0
It may be the Kungl. Telegrafverket. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Televerket_(Sweden)


Televerket was the public utility company responsible for telecommunications in Sweden between 1953-1993; however, it originated 100 years earlier. Swedish Kongl. Elektriska Telegraf-Werket (literally: Royal Electric Telegraph Agency) was founded in 1853. Its name changed to Kongl. Telegrafverket in 1871, Kungl. Telegrafverket in 1903, the Kungliga (Royal) was dropped in 1946 and the name was further modernised to Televerket in 1953. The company continued as a government agency until corporatisation in 1992-1993.
 

Attachments

  • sweden Rikstelefon.webp
    sweden Rikstelefon.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 1,420
Upvote 0
Wonderful!! :hello2: :hello2:
Many thanks for your precious help!!! :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
Mouse Mark. I think it means 'hat emblem'.
Thats got to be it. I wish they gave more information.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • button french artillery WWI.webp
    button french artillery WWI.webp
    47.4 KB · Views: 651
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom