What's new

Button from Hermann Goring trenches.

Matteo La Boccia

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2007
Messages
292
Reaction score
220
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This swedish button was find in german trenches (Hermann Goring and Wehrmacht troops) in Salerno's battlefield (sept. 1943). The german fought against USA troops. Some idea about it? Do german use swedish uniforms? Or it is a USA military button?



 
DCMatt said:
I have a German wound badge taken from a dead German soldier in Italy in 1945. I got the story first hand about when and where it was taken (along with other items).

Two military collector dealers have verified the wound badge is... from World War One! :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

I can only speculate how it came to be pinned on a soldier nearly 30 years after the fact.

He may well have earned it in the first war.
 
Upvote 0
Ugh! A swedish thread and i missed it lol!!

"I poked around a little more. I _can't_ find any reference to Sweden or Sporrong supplying the Germans with any militaria for any war.

This button could just as easily be from a civilian wireless or radio operator for a shipping line.

DCMatt"

I'm more inclined to go with Matts guess.It's possible a swede joined the HG div,but unlikely they'd let him wear his own uniform.Sporrong made,and make,buttons,medals and all kindsa stuff so possibly supplied buttons for German uniforms..but very unlikely to have supplied Swedish emblems which this so clearly is.

As for the wound badge? Don't forget Hitler himself was a corporal in WW1. Many men of his age were conscripted into the German army in WW2,so as previously stated,the guy probably earnt it.
 
Upvote 0
I thought Goring was a WWI Air Ace. What the heck was he doing in the trenches? Or am I confused as usual? Monty
 
Upvote 0
Lol,confused as usual Monty. google "Herman Goering Division". It started as His personal police force or something and when he got put in charge of the luftwaffe he was loth to leave them behind so they became a luftwaffe divison..or something like that.

As i said in PM Iron...I have no idea what it means.I just live here,i don't speak the lingo lol. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I knew he was a decorated ACE during WWI and was head of the Luftwaffe in WWII, but I didn't have a clue he was flying tanks also! As I have said often, that's one of the attractions of Tnet, you learn something new nearly every day! Thanks! Monty
 
Upvote 0
Monty said:
I knew he was a decorated ACE during WWI and was head of the Luftwaffe in WWII, but I didn't have a clue he was flying tanks also! As I have said often, that's one of the attractions of Tnet, you learn something new nearly every day! Thanks! Monty
I didnt know either. I guess in the end, everyone had to get in the trenches.. (the Luftwaffe)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom