What's new

Button Help.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Is this one of those modern blazer buttons that looks like an old one? :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 409
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 385
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 395
  • 029.webp
    029.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 397
  • 030.webp
    030.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 343
I should have said. All WWI tunic combat uniform buttons are painted black. Gold gilt are for dress uniforms worn at formal gatherings. Sorry my bad.

Jim :hello:
 
Upvote 0
SgtJim said:
I should have said. All WWI tunic combat uniform buttons are painted black. Gold gilt are for dress uniforms worn at formal gatherings. Sorry my bad.

Jim :hello:
OK thanks. When did they start using brass?
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Timekiller said:
bigcypresshunter said:
OK Ill add it. It may be a stamp error but I can add it. :dontknow: :icon_thumright: Thanks.



I have some D.Evans buttons painted red on the backs from the factory. Some WWII buttons are black. Just an observation.
Here's another for you BCH,Not sure if you have it or not. :thumbsup:
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=11687&cat=217
Yes I have it #27. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,212590.100.html
Its a painted black WWII ATTLEBORO button. I cant tell if its brass, bronze or copper. :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • great seal WWII attleboro.webp
    great seal WWII attleboro.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Timekiller said:
bigcypresshunter said:
OK Ill add it. It may be a stamp error but I can add it. :dontknow: :icon_thumright: Thanks.



I have some D.Evans buttons painted red on the backs from the factory. Some WWII buttons are black. Just an observation.
Here's another for you BCH,Not sure if you have it or not. :thumbsup:
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=11687&cat=217
Yes I have it #27. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,212590.100.html
Its a painted black WWII ATTLEBORO button. I cant tell if its brass, bronze or copper. :dontknow:
It's a alloyed,so brass or bronze.Depends on rather it's mixed with zinc(for brass),(or tin for bronze) and that could get hard to say in some cases. :D
Take care,
Pete, :hello:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom