vayank54 said:I agree mid1900's but think it might be a collar stud because of the back.
No offense to anyone but I hate when someone calls someone else's finds junk or worthless as it might be junk to one person but priceless to the person that dug it. I've have a few things that are basically junk but are special to me because of where or who I was with when I dug them.
I hadnt realized it was made by Scovill. Can you post another pic? Here are some links that may help date it. Its probably SCOVILL MF'G CO *WATERBURY* Can you fit it with any of these? http://pw1.netcom.com/~jimyce/bm.html I believe there are typos in the link. This backmark was used up until 1965 I believe.RIcoinhunter said:vayank54 said:I agree mid1900's but think it might be a collar stud because of the back.
No offense to anyone but I hate when someone calls someone else's finds junk or worthless as it might be junk to one person but priceless to the person that dug it. I've have a few things that are basically junk but are special to me because of where or who I was with when I dug them.
Thanks Vayank.I cleaned it and can make out Scovill Waterbury that's it.
Looks like the 3rd one from the left in the 2nd rowbigcypresshunter said:It may be older than mid-1900's. Here are some examples of collar studs. I couldnt see it well and it appeared to me to be overalls.
I dont know, thats why I said may be.CRUSADER said:bigcypresshunter said:It may be older than mid-1900's. Here are some examples of collar studs. I couldnt see it well and it appeared to me to be overalls.
stick you neck out, older - 1949 or 1930s or 1890s
Ill wait to see what others responses are. Go back and read it again. Just in case you miss it the second time around.... When there is a "send it to me", it has a hidden meaning. It means he really likes it.vayank54 said:I agree mid1900's but think it might be a collar stud because of the back.
No offense to anyone but I hate when someone calls someone else's finds junk or worthless as it might be junk to one person but priceless to the person that dug it. I've have a few things that are basically junk but are special to me because of where or who I was with when I dug them.