Bigcypresshunter
Sapphire Member
- Joined
- Dec 15, 2004
- Messages
- 27,124
- Reaction score
- 3,351
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- South Florida
- Detector(s) used
- 70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
- Primary Interest:
- Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I dont know. It probably is 8th Regiment but I dont know what era or what country of origin.Breezie said:BCH, could it be Civil War era and stand for the 8th Regiment? Breezie
The person who found it thinks its an 8.Breezie said:I can't tell from the photo, but the bottom left side of the "8" doesn't look closed up, so could it be an "S"?

4-H said:I've been searching for you Dale but haven't come up with an exact match. This is the closest I could find so far.
16mil RW 8th regiment
I tried to PM you but, your inbox is full![]()
(Looks French)Ill clear it out in a few minutes. Thats the closest I found too.4-H said:I've been searching for you Dale but haven't come up with an exact match. This is the closest I could find so far.
16mil RW 8th regiment
I tried to PM you but, your inbox is full![]()

Iron Patch said:4-H said:I've been searching for you Dale but haven't come up with an exact match. This is the closest I could find so far.
16mil RW 8th regiment
I tried to PM you but, your inbox is full
Like I said...closest so far![]()
That's not even hand grenade close!(Looks French)
I thought French button looked like this but could it be older than 1776? What about the iron back? http://www.artifacts.org/francepage.htmIron Patch said:4-H said:I've been searching for you Dale but haven't come up with an exact match. This is the closest I could find so far.
16mil RW 8th regiment
I tried to PM you but, your inbox is full![]()
That's not even hand grenade close!(Looks French)
The thought of it being French came from you LOL.Iron Patch said:I'm not sure where the thoughts of French or being early come from in relation to the botton posted at the top. Could possibly be French, could be a lot of other things too, but I wouldn't say it's anywhere close to 18th century.
No worry, I am just asking. I have no idea if its old or modern. It was found on the Treasure Coast so it could be old. I posted here in "what is it" because I have no idea what it is. You say it looks French. I only wanted you to elaborate because the French buttons look different that I posted but mentions splitting of the 8th Regiment at an earlier time.Iron Patch said:That's not even hand grenade close!(Looks French)
As always thanks for the help.bigcypresshunter said:The thought of it being French came from you LOL.Iron Patch said:I'm not sure where the thoughts of French or being early come from in relation to the botton posted at the top. Could possibly be French, could be a lot of other things too, but I wouldn't say it's anywhere close to 18th century.No worry, I am just asking. I have no idea if its old or modern. It was found on the Treasure Coast so it could be old. I posted here in "what is it" because I have no idea what it is. You say it looks French. I only wanted you to elaborate because the French buttons look different that I posted but mentions splitting of the 8th Regiment at an earlier time.Iron Patch said:That's not even hand grenade close!(Looks French)
Myself Im leaning toward a more modern button with the iron back but I dont know.As always thanks for the help.
Ah ok thanks.Iron Patch said:No, I was just saying the one I replied to above was probably French.
My misunderstanding. So we know almost nothing about this button.Breezie said:Check out this link; do you think they are cousins?
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,287259.0.html Breezie
Montana Jim said:Breezie said:Check out this link; do you think they are cousins?
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,287259.0.html Breezie
That's a token. Do you have bad eyes or is the whold BOLD thing your signature style?
Breezie said:Montana Jim said:Breezie said:Check out this link; do you think they are cousins?
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,287259.0.html Breezie
That's a token. Do you have bad eyes or is the whold BOLD thing your signature style?
Hello Montana Jim, As I was getting ready to go to church this morning, I thought I would pop in TreasureNet to read a few post. All was well until I read this post by you. What a nasty thing to say to someone. I see you have thousands of post, so obviously you have been here a very long time. I just recently joined, and have enjoyed meeting lots of new fellow metal detecting people, UNTIL this post of yours. I thought this was a forum where people helped others ID items by throwing out various ideas, and not a place for someone to cut someone down to the quick. It's a shame one apple yada yada. To answer your question, YES I do have bad eyes, and have problems reading my monitor screen at times, thus writing and reading in bold print helps me to see it better. And excuse my ignorance( assigned by you) for not realizing/reading the post was a TOKEN, and not a button. I'll leave all the ID-ing to you since you seem to be the authority.
Regards,
Breezie