What's new

Button ID?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
I just dug it near a small strip of public land near a National Monument in Boston. Anyone identify this button? It has stars all around the edge and the word "EXCELSIOR".
TY
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0265.webp
    IMG_0265.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_0267.webp
    IMG_0267.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0269.webp
    IMG_0269.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0270.webp
    IMG_0270.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0271.webp
    IMG_0271.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0274.webp
    IMG_0274.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0272.webp
    IMG_0272.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 283
I think New York militia related.
 
Upvote 0
It is a New York militia button, and seems to be general staff or general use which came out in 1858-65. It is listed in Tice as either NY218c1 or NY218d1, but without better glasses I can't tell which. (the D1 has what look like three tail feathers on the top tier (general staff) while the C1 (general use) seems to have four)
 
Upvote 0
johnnyi said:
It is a New York militia button, and seems to be general staff or general use which came out in 1858-65. It is listed in Tice as either NY218c1 or NY218d1, but without better glasses I can't tell which. (the D1 has what look like three tail feathers on the top tier (general staff) while the C1 (general use) seems to have four)

Excellent ID. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
JONNYI,
How could i see apicture of the buttons you are refering to? Do I need to buy a book? Thank you for your help.
G
 
Upvote 0
Great ID johnnyi :icon_thumright: and nice button find :icon_thumleft:

Did I miss a post of yours johnnyi or older find new avatar?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom