What's new

Button Id

nyiangelo

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
639
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Was curious if someone could put a name and date to it. It does not have the back part of the button, just the front. I know it's some kind of naval button but any more info would be appreciated. It is about he size of a dime. thanks
 

Attachments

  • img005.webp
    img005.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 248
  • img005.webp
    img005.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 229
modern fashion blazer button top
 
Upvote 0
Yeah no offense. It was just nothing modern has been pulled from this site that dates 1860-1880ish. So I kind of just figured it was in line with all the other relics we were pulling.
 
Upvote 0
Angelo, although I think it is extremely probable that the guys are right on this one, there are still some interesting things to consider. First of all you know by now it is definately nothing to do with the U.S. or British Navy. That doesn't automatically mean it is not a notch above a civilian blazer button though, and it might possibly have to do with a civilian shipping company uniform or something else as obscure.

What's interesting, besides where you found it, is the way the eye lays against the shank of the fouled anchor. Almost all, if not all civilian blazer buttons I've seen anyway, show a device with vertical eye above the shank. I might just be missing an obvious one out there, but it does seem you have a tiny bit of room to argue "non-blazer".
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom